Search for content in message boards

Hoelke's Hotel, Rochester, abt 1905

Hoelke's Hotel, Rochester, abt 1905

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 5:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 May 2004 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Hoelke
Would anyone have suggestions for locating information about a hotel located in Rochester in the early 1900's. The photo I've seen shows the words "HOELKE'S HOTEL" painted, widly spaced, across the building over an awning. The numbers 107, 109 appear between the words. The owners were my husbands ggp, William and Ida (GRESSEL) HOELKE. I'm just beginning the search for this branch of the family and, so far, getting absolutely nowhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Judy

Re: Hoelke's Hotel, Rochester, abt 1905

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 11:17PM GMT
You might wish to try contacting the City of Rochester Archives. They have City Directories going back to the 1860's or so.

Here is the url:
http://www.rrlc.org/guide/arc38.html

Or, perhaps the City Historian could help:
http://www.rrlc.org/guide/arc38a.html

Brent Hoelke (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2003 4:22PM GMT
Hi,

The Hoelke name is not that common so seing my sur-name on a hotel is very interesting. If you have any further info or if you thinbk I can help your search, please do not hesitate to contact me

Regards,
Brent Hoelke

Posted: 23 Jan 2003 3:36AM GMT
Brent,
I began to get lucky searching for other branches of our family so I've put the Hoelke's on hold. Do you think there is any possibility you would be related to this specific branch?
If you're intrested I'll be more than happy to send you what little info I have. I do have a fairly poor xerox copy of a photo showing the front of the Hoelke Hotel, which I can try to make a copy of for you.

Just let me know.
Judy

Brent Hoelke (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 2:59PM GMT
Hello again,

Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in anything you can suppply, we have a large family reunion every couple years and even if we are not realted it would be a good topic of conversation. Some of my older aunts have done some research and have not been able to get very far so any info may help.
My fax number is 1-613-957-1570 if that helps.

Thanks again and we will be in touch.

Brent

Posted: 14 May 2013 2:39AM GMT
My name is William C Hoelke.My father was William C Hoelke and my grandfather was Wilhelm Hoelke.He married Ida Gressel in 1902 and lived in Rochester, NY.He died Oct. 11,1911 of pulmonary tuberculosis and is buried in Mount Hope cemetry,in Rochester.Ida Gressel(Hoelke)moved to Philadelphia with her other son Arthur Hoelke. She died in 1941 and buried in Chews Methodist Church cemetry,Glendora, NJ.
billybarb9961@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic