Search for content in message boards

william campbell

william campbell

larry p. foster (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: campbell
looking for the descendants of william campbell b-abt 1795
vir. wife elizabeth campbell b-abt 1798 vir. THERE CHILDREN ALL BORN IN KENTUCKY, sarah r. campbell b-abt 1820
malilda ann campbell b-abt 1824 ann maria campbell b-abt 1826 hardenia susannah campbell b-abt 1827 john campbell b-abt 1817, the above family came from kentucky to morgan county, missouri, abt 1835, all of the children married in morgan county, missouri.

William Campbell

Posted: 11 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
We have a William Campbell, born late 1700's in VA., moved from VA. to KY. early 1800's. Settled in Henry County KY. in what is now Campbellsburg. Had 2 brothers one was my GGgrandfather, the other never married. I have no information on William.

Re: William Campbell

Posted: 11 Aug 2006 5:34PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2006 2:27PM GMT
William Campbell, son of Benjamin, son of Hugh. William born 1795 and married to Elizabeth Mobley. I have more information on the next generations but very limited on generations prior to Hugh. Please respond if you need or can provide more information.

George Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2006 5:43AM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2006 2:27PM GMT
My Hugh Argyle Campbell (1744-1810) had a son Benjamin Smith Campbell (1773-1852) who married Sally Keyes (1778-1858). I don't know whether he had a son William. Do these names sound familiar?

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 4:20PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2006 10:01AM GMT
Unfortunately, not the same Benjamin. His middle initial was A. and he married Chloe Faris. His father's name was Hugh Campbell. married to Mary Hannah in 1760. Thanks though for your reply!

Linda Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2006 10:10PM GMT
William Campbell, son of Benjamin, son of Hugh. William born 1795 and married to Elizabeth Mobley. I have more information on the next generations but very limited on generations prior to Hugh.

I have the same names but my Wm. son of Benj. son of Hugh was b. 1784 in Hagerstown, Md. md. Priscilla Porter on 12-12-12 in Westmoreland Co. PA.
could they be the same? My Wm.'s son' Alexander H. Campbell spoke of Priscilla as his Mother and had a sister Eliz. or Eliza.
What are your thoughts?
Linda

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 10:59PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2006 9:42AM GMT
Campbells started in PA before going to VA, then to KY and finally MO. My Hugh served in the French and Indian Wars in 1787. He married Mary Hannah on Jan 30, 1760 in PA. Is this your Hugh?

We are related but not sure what generation. Definitely not the same Wm. The Campbells seemed to name their children after their fathers and brothers therefore the names are often repeated and confused. I remember seeing your Wm and his wife in my research. But, can't remember the direct connection.

I'll be glad to share what I have when we determine the correct generation. Thanks for your response!

Linda Hawkins (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2006 7:34PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2006 9:41AM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Parr, Derrick, Nelson, Gordy
Campbells started in PA before going to VA, then to KY and finally MO. My Hugh served in the French and Indian Wars in 1787. He married Mary Hannah on Jan 30, 1760 in PA. Is this your Hugh?

.We are related but not sure what generation.
.Definitely not the same Wm. The Campbells
seemed .to name their children after their fathers
.and brothers therefore the names are often repeated
.and confused. I remember seeing your Wm and his
.wife in my research. But, can't remember the direct
.connection.
My Hugh was b. abt 1700 d. 1772 md. Margaret.
His son Benj. b.abt 1748 New London Xroads, ChesterCo. PA. d. 1843 Uniontown,Westmoreland Co. PA md.Mary Adair in 1775 Hagertown, MD. Their son William b. 1784 Hagerstown, MD d. 1854? POSS. pa md Priscilla Porter 1812. They had 2 children. Elizabeth and my g.grandfather Alexander Hamilton Campbell b. 1817 Westmoreland Co. Pa. d. 1904 Seatle, WA. md Lovina Harriett McCullough Liberty IN. 1847. Aexander had a son Wm. too Also Rufus, Samuel, Benj and Joseph.

I had my 1/2 brother do a dna test for my fathers Campbell dna. Have you had one?
Linda

Posted: 20 Aug 2006 1:05AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2006 9:41AM GMT
Unfortunately, I don't have a male relative to take the test. Oh, I just realized, I am logged in under my husbands name - ha! I'm glad I realized that or you and others reading my reply would have been confused.

Do you have any hints who your Hugh's father was?

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2006 3:46AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2006 9:40AM GMT
..Do you have any hints who your Hugh's father was?

Been awhile since I looked at it. But remember someone said there was a Samuel that was a possibility. Nothing definite.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic