Search for content in message boards

MCCROHAN, GOLDEN

MCCROHAN, GOLDEN

Rosemary Nixon (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

CATHERINE MCCROHAN was born Auguwst 30, 1817 in Cahirciveen "near Valencia". She had a brother MICHAEL MCCROHAN who was a sailor & 99 probability of a brother EUGENE MCCROHAN. She married DENIS GOLDEN and came to USA around 1847 via Canada. They setteled in New York. Denis SR died after 1850. Children born in Ireland were Denis Jr & Julia. Born in USA was Anna. It is unknown whether Denis SR died in New York or "on the trail" to the Gold Rush. Catherine came back from California with only a pair of gold studs and settled in Lafayette Indiana. In 1855 she married GEORGE COURTRIGHT and had ason Jacob "Gus". They lived in Watseka IL. Daughter Julia died in Chicago..no children. Son Denis died in Watseka where family still lives. Daughter ANNA HENSON died in Crete Nebraska. Gus died in Wabash Indiana. He worked for the railroad in Danville Illinois & Terre Haute Indiana. Brother MICHAEL MCCROHAN lived with Catherine and Denis Jr in Watseka and died there 3-13-1913. CATHERINE died 5-30-1908. They are buried in St Mary's cemetery in Gilman Illinois. Brother MICHAEL left money in his will for the "unknown heirs of Eugene McCrohan". We do not know if Eugene stayed in Ireland or came to USA. Relatives today live in Renard South County Kerry.

MCCROHAN/BUCKLEY

Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:22PM GMT
Rosemary,
Your statement that Catherine McCrohan was born "near Valentia" rang a loud bell because that is how my Caherciveen relatives described the island where my ggrandmother Ellen MacCrohan/McCrohan was born and raised.

Ellen McCrohan/MacCrohan b. ca. 1835 at Bigness Island near Valentia, Cahirciveen, Co.Kerry d ca. 1930. According to the family Bigness was on the ferry route to Valentia.

Ellen McCrohan married John Buckley (a cabinet maker from Filemore, Cahirciveen) ca. 1865 and they settled in Coomletter, Cahirciveen.

Also have some info on McCrohans who went to Australia.

E-mail me if this looks familiar and you want more info.

Best regards,
Pat Reardon

Golden of Cahirciveen

Tony Riordan (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kelliher, Scanlon, Riordan, Shea
From the Records of St. James parish, marriages 1908-1914:

GOLDEN, RICHARD, son of WILLIAM GOLDEN and Catherine Coffey, baptised Jan. 11, 1885 in Cahirciveen, Ireland, married Oct. 17, 1909 to Mary Fay, of James Fay and Mary Malone, baptised Aug. 22, 1887 in Grandahan, Co Rosen (Roscommon?).

Best wishes,
Tony Riordan

McCrohan

Rose (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McCrohan, O'Connell, Hainsworth, Sughrue, O Suillivan, Dawley, O Shea, WElshe, McCarthy, GOlden, Faye, O Neill, Murphy, Keating, Hussey, Keating
Hi
My gggrandmother was ELLEN McCrohan from Killurley,Ballinskelligs her father was John Mc Crohan
she married O Shea and lived in Fermoyle,Emloughmore outside Caherciveen.

O'SULLIVAN/McCARTHY

John L. Sullivan III (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'SULLIVAN, McCARTHY
Where does your O'SULLIVAN and Mc CARTHY lines come in. I know from the diary of my Great GrandDad SULLIVAN, that the O'SULLIVAN's, LEONARDs and McCARTHYs came over to America from Ireland together around 1850. Do you have any information to confirm this story?

o'SHEA

Tania Bellugue (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: o'SHEA
Stephen O'SHEA born c1793 Kerry married mary ? born c 1804
their supposed daughter
Catherine O'SHEA was born c1848 Carrick Tipperary

Cornelius & Margaret O'Neil Neil

Posted: 24 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 2:42AM GMT
toneil@pcsn.com wrote ==Jeremiah O'Neil (or Neil) was born in 1868 in Kerry Ireland to Cornelius O'Neil and Margaret O'Neil both from Kerry. Does anyone have information regarding the exact township that Cornelius and Margaret O'Neil or Neil are from?==

Tony:

I notice a Cornelius O'Neil/ Neil married to the former Margaret O'Neil/ Neil having a son Patrick in 1866 in Sneem, County Kerry (in the LDS IGI records). He may well be a brother to your Jeremiah. (Perhaps there weren't many Margaret Neil's who married Cornelius Neil's and had kids in Kerry in the mid 1860s). In that case, Sneem seems like a good bet to work from:

Patrick NEIL
Birth: 22 Dec 1865, Sneem, Kerry, Ireland
Father: Cornelius NEIL
Mother: Margret NEIL

FYI, possible relatives of the above Cornelius Neil and Margaret Neil Neil, also having their children at the same time in Sneem would be:

Cornelius NEILL
Birth: 2 Mar 1866, Sneem, Kerry, Ireland
Father: Michael NEILL
Mother: Abbegail CONNELL
----
Margret NEIL
Birth: 14 Oct 1866, Sneem, Kerry, Ireland
Father: Darby NEIL
Mother: Cathrine FOLEY
----
Margret NEILL
Birth: 18 Sep 1866, Sneem, Kerry, Ireland
Father: Michael NEILL
Mother: Mary MACK
----
Jeremiah NEILL
Birth: 11 Nov 1865, Sneem, Kerry, Ireland
Father: Arthur NEILL
Mother: Mary SULLIVAN

Best,
Kathe C.

O'Neil, Neil

Tim O'Neil (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Neil, Neil, O'Shea, Shea, Sullivan, O'Sullivan
Jeremiah O'Neil (or Neil) was bornin 1868 in Kerry Ireland to Cornelius O'Neil and Margaret O'Neil both from Kerry. His father was a farmer mother a housewife. This is the first time I have seen Kerry listed in any document for either. The puzzling thing is the Sullivans were from Kerry but the O'Neils wew generally from anothe county. But maybe they slipped in.
He died in Nashua Oct. 4 1938 at the age of 70.I also got a copy of there official marriage certificate and it says Jerry O'Neil and Julia Sullivan (He was 19, she was 20 were married Feb.15,1890. Does anyone have information regarding the exact township that Cornelius and Margaret O'Neil or Neil are from

New Email address

Posted: 16 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2005 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: CONNELL, McCARTHY, O NEILL, O SHEA, DAWLEY, McCROHAN, SULLIVAN, O LEARY, MORLEY, HUSSEY, SUGRUE, CAHILLANE, FAY, GOLDEN, KELLY, PFLAUMER, PHLAUMER, ERNESTUS
New email ADD=MAGBOW@aol.com
Researching descendants of THOMAS,JAMES & DARBY
O CONNELL from townland=Fermoyle parish=prior also carhan,caher parish
Emigrated to US mainly CT ie:East Hampton,Willimantic,Portland etc from 1830s onwards

last name

James Dawley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dawley
I don't know if I am in the right area. I saw my family name listed, so I thought I should respond to this message board.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions