Search for content in message boards

Lewis GREEN family in 1860 Census, Webster county

Lewis GREEN family in 1860 Census, Webster county

Posted: 20 Feb 2004 3:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Apr 2005 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Green
Naomi,/Anyone
Can you help me with a Green family in the Webster County, Missouri census in 1860?
Benton Township--looks like Post Office Mornington?

Dwelling #340
Visitation #336

Lewis Green--66 years old

and the rest of that household.

Where can I look to find other info about this family?

email: pjf1946@cox.net

Re: Lewis GREEN family in 1860 Census, Webster county

Posted: 9 Apr 2004 12:41AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2005 10:28PM GMT
Lewis green of webster co. missouri is my great great great great grandfather. He was born in north carolina in 1793. He moved with his family to hawkins co.tennessee when he was a young man. He married and then moved to jackson co.alabama(not to be confused with the lewis t. green of the same county). He remained in the alabama census of 1830 and 1840. He then moved with his family to webster co.(greene co) missouri. He was in the 1850 and 1860 census of this county. his children that i know of are: cynthia, elizabeth, lewis, edith, susan, alfred(my line), anderson, john and marion. Alfred married louisa wiggins and then sophronia johnson and lived in christian co.missouri.if you want more information look in ancestrys family trees--look for lewis or alfred until you find my tree. its title is GILIO/TARILLO.

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 2:04PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2004 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Green, Morgan, Francis
My Green line looks like this:
Lewis Green - b. abt 1792 in North Carolina / Tennessee
Noel Green - b. 1818 in Tennessee – d. abt 1905 in Missouri
William Green – b. 1839 in Alabama – d. 1931 in Kansas
Nancy Green – b. 1877 in Webster Co. MO – d. 1961 in OK
Myrtle Minor – b. 1906 in Garvin Co. OK – d. 1995 in OK
Lonnie Donaldson – my husband
I have census records from Jackson Co. AL for Lewis Green in 1830 and Lewis & Noel Green in 1840. William was born there in 1839, so I feel fairly confident they go together. I also have the paperwork for the application for land bounty for the War of 1812. On it it says:" Maiden Name, Nancy Morgan ? " and "Marriage, In Hawkins Co. Tenn " His residence 1851 – 1855 Greene County MO & 1871 Webster Co. P. O. Mornington, MO
My question is, in some data given me when I was getting started, Lewis' wife was listed as Martha. Also in a history of Webster County, the writer stated that Noel was the only known child of Lewis and Martha. I know that because it is printed it is not absolutely true, <grin>l. I was looking at one data base on Ancestry.com and it gave Nancy Morgan as Lewis Green’s mother. So I am confused!
Do you think that Noel might be an older brother to your Alfred? The 1840 AL Census had 10 people under age 30 living in the Lewis Green household and Noel had just started his family with one child. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ron Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2004 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Green
No doubt by now you have discovered that Lewis Green is a common name! A number of years ago a descendant of one Lewis A GREEN did some research. Her Lewis A Green was married twice. Once to Martha Susan Simpson and the other marriage was to Nancy Jane Johnson, daughter of Benjamin James Johnson and Mahala Denton. This Lewis A Green was born November 18, 1832, in Bedford County, Tennessee. He was married July 10, 1853, in Springfield Missouri to Nancy Johnson and died in Dallas County, Missouri, on January 4, 1916. This Lewis A Green's parents were supposedly William Green and Nancy Morgan. But, I cannot verify that.
Lewis A Green and Nancy Jane Johnson had eight children: Robert H. Green, Rebecca Ann Green Hatfield, Franklin Cyrus Green, James L Green, Louis Benjamin Green (mrd to Margaret Gump), William J Green (mrd to Mary E Gump), Mahala Alcie Green Rodelander and Susan Ida Green. I know the information about Nancy Jane Johnson is true, as she is the sister to my great grandfather. I hope this information can help you sort out the Green's!

Posted: 21 Aug 2004 2:01PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2004 1:48PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I think it helped me eliminate some of the confusion. After studying the Pension Claim papers for Lewis which was witnessed by Elisha Brown who was a fairly close neighbor of Noel Green (Lewis's son) and William Green (Lewis's grandson) in 1871, if Nancy Morgan was his mothers maiden name instead of his wife's name.?? But according to the Bounty Land Claim Lewis was age 62 in 1855. The search goes on... Thanks again for your reply

Re: Lewis GREEN b. North Carolina?

Posted: 15 Jan 2006 8:02PM GMT
Here is info regarding Lewis's son, Marion:
Marion Green was b about 1847 somewhere in MO. He served in the Civil War. About 1866 he married Mary "Polly" Ann Blankenship. They had 5 children including my dad's father, another Lewis. On 12/15/1881 Marion married Martha Clementine Ivie. We don't have info re Martha's death. Jan 10, 1909, Marion married Mollie Ellen (Williams) Branson in Baxter Co, Arkansas. We think somewhere in there was possibly another wife--maybe more? When he died in 1923, Mollie was still his wife. He is buried in the Hand Cemetery near the town of Mountain Home, Arkansas, in Baxter County.
Marion's children:
Nancy Elizabeth b. 1867
Lewis Sylvester b. 1869 (my grandfather)
James b. 1873
John William b. 1876
Thomas E. b. about 1879
Julie Frances b. 1882 (Ivie was mother)
1880 census shows a stepdaughter, Mary Patterson.
She married a Loftis and lived around the Van Buren, Arkansas, area.
His wife Mollie, had children by her previous marriages to Harris and Branson.
Is there anyone who can provide more info re Marion's parents and siblings?
Thanks
Patsy (Green) Foster
in Oklahoma
email: pjf1946@cox.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions