Search for content in message boards

Nancy Dorman in Clarke County

Nancy Dorman in Clarke County

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 4:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dorman, Cammack, Bumpers
My name is Tim Dorman and I am a descendant of a Mrs Nancy Dorman. She is actually listed in the 1840 census in Wilcox county Alabama. She had a son named William A. Dorman who served in the civil war and married a women named Miriam Bumpers. We have reason to believe she came from Georgia to Alabama. I am basically looking for information on who her husband was and what her maiden name was. I found a Nancy Cammack married to a John Dorman on Feb, 8 1827 in Lincoln county Georgia. Could Nancy Dorman be the former Nancy Cammack? No record of her husband has been found by me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Nancy Dorman in Clarke County

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 4:44PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2003 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Dorman, Brinton, Bullock
Rose Deal wrote an email response (which does not appear online) in which she states:

"John Dorman born in Tn. abt 1802. He married Nancy Brinton may 31, 1838 in Clark County, Indiana. Nancy born abt 1820 is the child of John and Catharine (Bullock) Dorman. I have ten children listed for them. One is William born abt 1842 in Clark county, Indiana. My line is the 9th child Joseph Elliot Dorman."

Does anyone know if any branch of this Dorman line moved to Morgan County or Hendricks County, Indiana?

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 10:34PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2002 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Dorman
I was looking for information relating to a Nancy Dorman in Alabama, or Georgia if possible.

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 3:44PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2005 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: Dorman, Hammack
I've also inquired about this family. I've been told her name was Hammack and not Cammack.

Barbara Wyche (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2002 10:52PM GMT
If you are researching Nancy Dorman, I would like to hear if you find a record of Cornelius Dorman marrying a woman named Nancy. The time frame is late 1780's or 1790's.

This Dorman family settled in Lexington, Rockbridge County, VA. I know of one son and four daughters. The son's name was Charles P. Dorman.

Posted: 18 Aug 2002 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2004 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Dorman, Quigley
James, What was your mothers name? I family is married into the Dorman with a Quigley.Just wondering if were related? I have info on Dormans and Quigleys. Please e-mail me ASAP with you're info.

Posted: 6 Jan 2005 10:18PM GMT
Barbara, Do you have copies of the wills of Cornelius Dorman or Nancy Dorman? I believe one of these wills freed their slaves, one of whom is the grandfather of a man I am researching. Any information would be greatly appreciated! thanks, Lilah

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 1:55PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: DORMAN
Barbara, my husband is a descendant of Charles P. Dorman, who was an attorney in Rockbridge County, VA. I would be very interested in comparing notes. I had run across the name Cornelius Dorman on one of the censuses and understood he was born in Ireland, but have no more details.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions