Search for content in message boards

Goff/Gough Family of Phelps Missouri (Elizabeth Jett Bremer)

Goff/Gough Family of Phelps Missouri (Elizabeth Jett Bremer)

M.Goff (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 10:13PM GMT
I am looking for information on the Goff family of Phelps Missouri. Henry Goff moved to Missouri with his wife Mary and their son John sometime after 1870 from Ross County Ohio. He also moved with his sister, Elizabeth Jett and her daughter Mary and possibly her mother Mary Walter.

Elizabeth remarried Charles Bremer in 1874.

I am looking for any information on any of the above.

Thanks!!

M.Goff

Re: Goff/Gough Family of Phelps Missouri (Elizabeth Jett Bremer)

Posted: 29 Sep 2002 3:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a great, great, great grandfather, Delford C. Goff who moved from Indiana to Phelps County (St. James) May 31, 1868. Was married to Sarah Rebecca Martin and had five children. There names were, Jennie, Warren, Charles, Frank and Mamie (my great, great grandmother). I don't know if Henry and Delford could have have been brothers, cousins, etc. Delford was orginally from Pennsylvania and moved to Ohio before enlisting in the 20th Regiment in Lafayette Indiana. I do have a copies of Certificate of Marriage, Enlistment paper from Civil War, as well as Disability papers.

M.Batty (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2003 10:35PM GMT
Sorry about the long time in responding, I don't think this Goff is related, but I haven't found anything to say they are not. I will keep this in mind. I found a John Goff who is the brother of Elizabeth Goff Bremer as well as Margaret Roster, who was married to Henry of Phelps. Thanks for the information.

M.Batty

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2005 11:22AM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2005 7:02PM GMT
Surnames: Goff, Gough, Bremer, Benson, Learned
Would like to share info on D.C.Goff. I believe he might have been a first cousin to my great-grandfather, Willard Benson. Were D.C.'s parents Archie and Elvira Learned Goff? LDS says Townsend instead of Learned but that was Elvira's mother's maiden name. Willard and his wife took in an Alice Goff (age 3) in 1862 - she appeared to have been orphaned but the contract did not specify who her parents were. Willard referred to D.C.Goff living in MO in his diary in the 1880s.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions