Search for content in message boards

Howell VA>NC>GA>LA (Casper, Nathaniel, John)

Howell VA>NC>GA>LA (Casper, Nathaniel, John)

Elizabeth Howell Brunner (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2000 2:55PM GMT
This is my Howell line below. I'm particularly interested in making contact with other descendents of Casper Neal/Nail Howell.
-- Elizabeth (liz@grantproposal.com)

1 John Howell I Wales to VA
2 John Howell II (called Sr.)
+ Elizabeth Surbey b Virginia d 1750 Edgecombe County
3 Thomas Howell b VA?>NC>GA
+ Elizabeth McCoy Howell
4 Lt. Nathaniel Howell Sr. d 1802 Greene Co, GA
+ possible first wife Susannah?
+ Ann Nail d 1825 Greene Co, GA
5 Nathaniel Howell Jr. b 3 Dec 1778 d 1838 GA
+ Elizabeth Wagnon b 29 Mar 1786 d 1874 GA
6 Casper Nail/Neal Howell b. 20 Sept 1816 d 1889
+ Elizabeth Ann Scott [Hall?] b 1820 d 1858
7 James Scott Howell b 1851 d 1915 Arcadia LA
+ Sarah Jane Gardner b 1854 MS d 1933 LA
8 William Scott Howell b 1878 d 1943 LA
+ Emma Smart

Benjamin Howell

Posted: 18 Feb 2000 7:39PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2002 1:47AM GMT
My gggg grandfather was Benjamin Howell from SC. He settled in Mobile Co. AL in the 1830s. A member of his family (now deceased) told me that B. Howell's grandfather had been George Washington's personal physician. Does anyone have any information on this family? Please e-mail me at quicksteps@aol.com.

Benjamin HOWELL

Posted: 26 Feb 2000 8:41PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 3:24AM GMT
I am searching a line that often has the names Benjamin and Philip repeated .MyGGgrandfather Philip was thought to be born in KY ca 1799, but I am starting to think it may have been TN.He named my Ggfather Philip Benjamin.Did your Benjamin have a brother named Philip.Have you had replies to your direct e- mail add. that have helped?Please reply to my aol add. also.

Re. Thomas Howell

Caroline Seagraves (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 9:03PM GMT
What Date do you have on Thomas Howell? Would it be in The 1700? Would like to know?

Re. Thomas Howell

Caroline Seagraves (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 9:06PM GMT
What Date do you have on Thomas Howell? Would it be in The 1700? Would like to know?

Benjamin Howell

Posted: 27 Feb 2000 5:23AM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2002 1:47AM GMT
My Benjamin Howell (born early 180?) had a son named Phillip (born 183?). They had come to Mobile from either S or NC.

Benjamin/Philip HOWELL

Posted: 27 Feb 2000 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 3:24AM GMT
I think we may be working on the same line.Do you know if your Benj. had a brother named Philip as well as a son??? Can you send your info by e-mail......... is it in Gedcom or FTM form or are you just starting to collect whatever you find on the subject line? I will be glad to repay any copy / mail cost if you will share what you have with me. I only have info from my Philip down to my generation but you are wellcome to what i have.I take from your last note that you do not know where your Benj. was born? Please reply to ...RonsHoms@aol.com

Thanks Ron

Thomas Howell

Elizabeth Howell Brunner (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 9:27AM GMT
Afraid that I don't have any dates yet for my Thomas Howell. He was probably born in Virginia, moved to Edgecomb Co. NC, and then perhaps later to Effingham Wilkes Co. GA.
He married Elizabeth McCoy Howell (again, not sure of the date, but I'll doublecheck my research notes.) Siblings of Thomas Howell probably included John Howell (III b abt 1650?),
Joseph Howell (one source shows b 1670 VA d. 1749 Edgecombe Co. NC, but may be confused), Robert Howell, Hopkin[s] Howell, William Howell, and Penelope Howell.

Howell's of Wales

Sandi (Howell) Hunt (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 3:33PM GMT
I am a desecndent of James Howell of Wales, unless I got the first name wrong, I do know that my descendents came from Wales. My grandfather, James, married Marjoire MacDonald of St. John's Newfoundland.

Philip Benjamin Howell..Mobile, AL

V. Howell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 4:06PM GMT
Our Benjamin Howell came into Indian Territory, now Pascagoula, MS. area in 1811, when Benjamin was a very young child. They entered on passport from the Gov. of GA, where they resided. Benjamin's father was Philip, Philip's father was Thomas..born in NC, and disappeared in GA just prior to the Rev. War. Thomas' brothers were in the Rev. War in the Savannah area. Thomas' father was Caleb Howell, Sr., of NC, SC and then GA, where he died. His children were all born in NC. Two of Thomas' brothers were Caleb Howell, Jr. and Daniel Howell, (Rev. War Officers). Benjamin came to the Mobile area in the 1830s and married his first wife. THey had five children. In 1844, he married his second wife and had more children. Most have remained in the Mobile, AL..Lucedale, MS..areas. One of Benjamin's sons was my ggrandfather, Thomas Jefferson Howell, m. Rosalie Brown. The names Benjamin Howell and Caleb Howell are very common and cause much confusion. We have paperwork to clear our questions of lineage. Sounds like you are not so fortunate. Good luck.
Benjamin is buried in our family cemetery
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions