Search for content in message boards

Family History

Family History

Doug Ritchie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 6:30PM GMT
I would like any information on William Bruce Ritchie who was
born in Nova Scotia Canada. I think he was born in the early 1800's.
I would like any information on any Ritchie's in that region
or in later years in or near Walkerton County Ontario. In the early 1900's
they moved west to homestead in Saskatchewan.

Re: Family History

June Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2001 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a William Ritchie in my tree born about 1831 I don't know his middle name, he had three sisters, Ann Margaret, Jennie and Eliza and one brother Charles born 1829

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 1:59AM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2002 9:39AM GMT
Surnames: Ritchie/Richey
My last name is Ritchie and my Greatgrandfather William B. Ritchie married a woman from Amherst, Nova Scotia in 1840 and he was born in Albert County, New Brunswick and possibly grew up there, he married Rebecca Brownell in Amherst, Nova Scotia. They lived near Moncton, New Brunswick. I have a lot of information about them and some of my other ancestors in New Brunswick and would be glad to share it with you if you are interested. You can write me at:
lritchie13@home.com.
Laurence Ritchie

Laurence Ritchie (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2001 1:41AM GMT
Hi Lauernce: I was glad to get your email this week I don't no if there is any conection but we have an family history book and I am always looking forware to meeting new people with the same last name.The William Ritchie that was my great grandfather was born in Inverness County in Nova Scotia.He was the sun a Scottish immigrant family from Inverness in Scotland. He moved to a farm near Walkerton Ont. around 1848.My grandfather's name was John Bruce Ritchie he was born at Walkerton Nov 03 1864 he stayed there untill his first trip out west in 1908. He homesteaded near the small town of Flaxcombe Sask. Flaxcombe is located west of the city of Saskatoon. I would be very pleased if you would stay in touch with me. Thanks once more for your email and take care. Doug Ritchie

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Ritchie/Henderson
I have a new e-mail address which is: lritchie13@shaw.ca and I am still researching the Ritchie name In Ireland and Scotland, especially Northern Ireland and where the Ritchie name orginated in Scotland.
Larry Ritchie

Posted: 28 Aug 2002 2:50AM GMT
My great grandfather Charles Ritchie was born in Northern Island, his father John and mother Jane were born there. I have located a John Ritchie, born in Coleraine, Northern Ireland about 1800 but the person who did the research said his wife was an Eliza McKay and they had a Charles etc. which are all my decendants. But I have a copy of the marriage certificate where Charles listed his mother as Jane. I've tried to contact the researcher but to no avail. Please let me know if these are the Ritchie's you are looking for and we can exchange data. e-mail me at juken333@aol.com
June

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 12:52AM GMT
Hi June!
Thanks for your e-mail message about some ancestors that you have by the name of Ritchie. My great-grandfather Ritchie was born in 1811 and his father was from some place in Ireland possibly Northern Ireland as I was told that the Ritchie name came from that area. The names that you told me about could have been related to my great-grandfather's father. My e-mail address is:lritchie13@shaw.ca
Laurence Ritchie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic