Search for content in message boards

Ball Family in WV

Ball Family in WV

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 8:24PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2001 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: Ball,Plant
Looking for info on Arminda Ball b. abt 1855 m. William Frankin Plant 1875.........

Re: Ball Family in WV

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Plant/Kelley/Ball/Gainer
Anne,
How are you related.William was my great, great grandfather and Arminda my grandmother, which sometimes was called Amanda from good ole Calhoun.Samuel was Williams dad.Any info you have I would be interested in.

Re: Ball Family in WV

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2003 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: Ball/Plant
Margaret, great to hear from a COUSIN!!! William & Arminda are my Great-Grandparents also! They had a daughter, Nettie Plant whom married General Mosby Welch in Calhoun County, WV. They had a son, William Homer Welch (guess whom he was named for!) and he married Alcidean Rea of Morgantown, WV. They had 2 children, William Welch, and Jenettie May Welch (my mother). I believe I have a picture of Arminda.........at least I think it is, my Grandma Alcidean is in the pic with her two children, hugging an older woman in front of an old fashioned cabin. There are no other relatives that would fit this time frame or landscape! I will have to dig into my records to see how far I got tracking this branch of the family, It has been a while sense I've done any work on this side ..............let me check for you and anything I have you are welcome to! Who knows you might have something I lack! By the way, I'am the oldest of 5 girls so you just picked up a whole bunch of cousins!!! Welcome to the family!!!
Thanks for getting in touch!
Anne
PS I live in Ohio!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic