Search for content in message boards

Johanna Bridget Crew

Johanna Bridget Crew

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 2:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been on the trail of Bridget Crew for some time. I finally found her listed on the 1920 US Census for St Croix County. She is living with James C Harty in Richmond township.

She was born about 1849 in Ireland to Micheal and Mary Cavanaugh. She married John Crew in Marengo, IA about 1870. She had two sons, Thomas and William.

I can not find where she died. Could somebody please check the St Croix County death records for 1920 to ?1940? for Bridget Crew. a.k.a J B Crew. Thanks!

Re: Johanna Bridget Crew

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 7:19AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: CREW
???????????

JOHANNA CREW
B UNKNOWN
D 1 MAR 1922
Saint Andrews Cemetery
Delavan
Walworth County
Wisconsin, USA
Plot: 18-2-OC

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 7:24AM GMT
Classification: Census
in the 1900 census - James Harty is shown as the son of Johana Harty (b Ire) Aug 1845 + her husband James Harty + other children in Home in 1900: Allen, LaSalle, Illinois so, maybe she remarried to a Crew or, its the wrong lady....

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for the post!

FYI-It is the right lady, but the record is wrong. She was "Mother" to neither James or Nellie. She was Nellie's aunt. Nellie's mother (Julia (Cavanaugh)Hatch)died a month after Nellie was born and the clues suggest Nellie came to know Johanna Bridget (Cavanaugh) Crew as Mom. More info than you needed - sorry.

I have been chasing her done for months, but only recently discovered her first name was Johanna, she goes by Bridget on many other records. She was my great grandfather's sister.

Thanks again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions