Search for content in message boards

Belcher Family Tree

Belcher Family Tree

Kelly Edmonds-Vietzke (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richard Belcher, Thomas Belcher, Jeremiah Belcher
My search for the Belcher family tree dates as far back as 1565 in Wiltshire, England. I am the 8th great-granddaughter to Jeremiah Belcher. He emigrated to Massachusetts aboard the "Susan&Ellen" in 1635. Does anyone have anymore info to share? Thanks so much.

Kelly

Re: Belcher Family Tree

Debra Belcher Lawrence (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2001 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Belcher
I have begun to research my family. My father was Myron Sandford Belcher Sr born in Brockton, MA on 4/26/25. he died 3/10/91 His parents were Harold Wales Belcher and Ruth Eldridge Belcher Harold died in 1972 and ruth died in 1962. I know Jeremiah Belcher was an ancester of mine. He was the first govenor of Massachusetts Bay Colony and his picture hangs in the State House in Boston Massachusetts. I live in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. My father was an only child. Most of his family is buried in Holbrrok Cemetary. I would be very interested in getting more information from you. Debbie Lawrence

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 5:06PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jun 2002 7:43PM GMT
I have information for Debra Lawrence. Your line goes back to Gregory Belcher and your gg grandfather was Oren Belcher who married Ardella Pedman. My g grandfather was Oren' brother Franklin Belcher who married Ardella's sister Caroline Pedman.

Vertis Clinton Belcher (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2001 4:53AM GMT
Dear Kelly: I may be able to help in your research. I found a fairly large text in the DAR Library in Washington written in the 1930's about the Belcher family. I am at my Daughter-in -Law's home in Kernersville, N. C. and do not have the information in front of me. You probably have already seen this text having gone back so far in your research, but if you are interested, please E-Mail.

I have traced my Belcher line back to a 3G Grandfather', Robert Belcher, who lived in Twiggs Co. Ga in 1843 when he died. He lived from 1792 to 1843. I believe his correct name was Obdiah Robert Belcher. I have (I believe) his parents names as well, but again they are not in front of me. He had two relatives named William and James Belcher (brothers) of Revoluntary War fame in Savanah Ga. William and James were merchants who operated in both Boston and Massachusetts. William was a royal judge who took the side of the Patriots in the Revolution and was apparently killed by the British in 1780 when they re-took Savanah. There was a Royal Colonial Governor who served in Massachusetts Bay Colony and New Jersey as Governor and I believe in Boston again in 1773. His papers are deposited at the Georgia Historical Society in Savanah, Ga.

If you know, I would be interested in how the Belchers in Ga. might be related to those of Boston.

My Father, Vertis M. Belcher and my mother's 1st Cousin Clinton Jay were both killed in May and June of 1944 in Italy(US Army, Infantry). I am 57 this year and research into my fasther's ancestors is my way of walking backwards in his footsteps to find the father I could never know in life.

Good luck with your research, Respectfully, Vertis Belcher

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 12:46AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 11:38PM GMT
Hi Nancy,
I am still plugging away on the Tower family. I haven't had much time the past 1 1/2 yrs.
Working on my William Albert and his brothers and sisters, mainly Mayhue Charles.
Let me know how you are doing.
JP

Posted: 29 Nov 2001 12:53AM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 1:45AM GMT
Hi! My grandfather was Charles Belcher. He was married to Nora Sanders and owned a farm near Florala, AL. Their children were Abner Franklin, R.T., Dorsey, Ada and Lillian. My dad, Abner, was named after his grandfather and I'm told he cam from GA. Does any of this match with your Belcher information?

Posted: 13 Jan 2002 4:09PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 2:02PM GMT
Hi Deborah,

I too am part of Gregory's line - actually the same line as Nancy Tower who responded earlier to you. There is much informatin to be found at the Dyer Memorial Library in Abington, MA. Harry Belcher (deceased) from Weymouth, MA has done up the whole family tree from Gregory's line on down. I am from Brockton, MA if you ever would like to get together I wouldn't mind going over sometime either again. email me if you would like to do this.

Posted: 10 Apr 2003 8:41PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2006 11:20PM GMT
Interested in exchanging info on Tower family. Please contact me direct at chickad@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions