Search for content in message boards

The Lars Gilbertson family

The Lars Gilbertson family

Posted: 1 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: GILBERTSON, GULBRANDSON, OLSEN
The Lars Gilbertson or Gulrandson family settled in the Maple Grove Township in BARRON county around 1885...the census indicates one man, one woman. The 1895 census indicates 5 males, 5 females. Lars Gilbertson was born on 9 May 1852 in Norway and dies in the village of Cameron on 2 October 1915. His parents were Gilbert and Inger Gilbertson. His wife Carrie was born 7 Jul 1850 in Norway, her father's name was Ole Olson. From their daughter's death certificate, they must have lived in Christiana, Norway as it was the birthplace of Elizabeth Bertha Gilbertson in 1878. My g-grandparents were married in November 1900 in Barron County...Gertrude Gilbertson and Asa Rollins. Other children of the Gilbertsons were Martin born in Norway as was Gertrude Rollins. Christian or Christ who was married to a woman named Bena. They had a son Lester. Oscar Gilbertson. Carrie Gilbertson, Christ and Bena Gilbertson and Oscar are buried at the Nye Scandanavian Church cemetery in Maple Grove township. There was Ida who was the wife of Amund Nelson...both buried in Cameron at the big cemetery just off of highway 8 east of downtown. Then there was a daughter Clara who married a Mr. Isaakson and then another daughter who became Mrs. Adolph Palm. Would like to know if there are church records indicating registry of the family and potential exact dates when the family arrived in Barron county if land records are available. Would like to hear from the descendants of the Lars and Carrie Gilbertson family and to have information where Lars is buried in the town of Stanley in Barron County. Thank you.

Gilbertson's of Dallas, WI

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2002 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Gilbertson, Jones, Myhre, Olson, Orton, Culp
Wondering if there is any connection to the Maple Grove Gilbertson's and the Dallas, WI Gilbertson's? Do you have any more information from Norway?

Re: The Lars Gilbertson family

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 7:54AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2003 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: Gilbertson/Gulbrandson/Gubranson Ostenson Olson
Did your Gilbert and Inger Gilbertson ever use the last names Gubrandson or Ostenson? My Great-great Grandparents Gilbert/Gulbrand/Gubrand Gilbertson/Gulbrandson/Gubranson/Ostenson and Ingri Oyer/Oyan (her surname.....probably her farm name in Norway) used all those names. I know my Gilbert and Ingri had two daughters, Ostine Lohre and Anne Olson. There was a third child, but I have no info on that one. Gilbert arrived from Norway in 1856 to Coon Valley, Bad Axe Co., WI. He was a blacksmith. I think Ingri emmigrated at the same time from Norway: possibly they were already married when they came. Both daughters were born in WI. In 1869 they moved to Cottonwood Co., MN., returning to Stanley, Barron Co., WI sometime after 1892 with Anne. Anne married Edward Solvester Olson, son of Nils and Johanna. Edward was a farmer. They married, 23 May 1892, in Stanley, at a Lutheran Church with Pastor A.G. Orke of Chetak presiding. Witnesses were Ole and Anne Wistad. Gulbrand died 19 June 1903 and was buried in Faaberg Cemetary. No death info on Ingri. Gulbrand used the Gilbertson and other G surnames in early Wisconsin, and seems to have begun using Ostenson as his surname in Minnesota. Ostenson is on his death record. The name changes are enough to drive me nuts. Do any of these names mean anthything to you? Ostine was my Great grandmother and she remained in Minnesota, moving to Roseau Co. with her husband John Hanson Lohre. Thanks for any info.

Posted: 23 Jan 2006 12:15AM GMT
I am doing the research for our family tree and this post of the Lars Gilbertson family is interesting. I don't know that this is my greatgrandfather or not but he is from the same area. My grandfather is Martin Gilbertson he died in 1938 in Virginia Minnesota. I am trying to link his father named Lars Gilbertson to him but am hitting some road blocks. I believe there name was Saglien before they changed it to Gilbertson some time in the early 1900's. Can you give me any more information on this family or am I barking up the wrong tree. Thanks

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 6:33PM GMT
Lester lived with my grandparents for years after his stepmother, Bena, died. Bena was the sister of my great-grandfather, Oscar.

Lester's biological mother was Della (Craig) Gilbertson, Christ's first wife.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic