Search for content in message boards

Geneology

Geneology

Carolyn Helms Key (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HELMS
My name is Carolyn HELMS Key. I am researching the Helms name (for my roots) as far back as I can. As of now I have back to John Issac HELMS. Does anyone have any information on John Issac and his family? And back futher if you have any thing to share. Hope to hear from you soon.
Send Email to... Alwazplayn@aol.com

John Isaac HELMS - WHERE? WHEN

Posted: 2 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: HELMS
Hi Carolyn --

Regarding your John Isaac HELMS -- where did he live? When did he live? Was he married? To whom? When? Where? [Approximations are ok!] Known children?

The HELMS families are extensive. The more information that you provide, the more likely one of us can help you.

Best wishes in all your family history pursuits!

-- Karon
HELMS GenConnect Boards Administrator

your last name Wyandt

Becky Helms Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HELMS, HILLIS, RIKER, COX, SHANK, WYANT
I forgot to mention. I found it interesting your last name of WYANDT. Must be a spouses name? My Helms relates to some WYANTS.

Helms

Becky Bailey (View posts)
Surnames: HELMS, RICE, RYKER, HILLIS, COX, SHANK
So far just finding my Helms in Tenn. and Indiana. Earlier ones in Germany. I think that I might link to the ones in NC but no proof. For a brief time they were also in Kentucky. Family rumor has it that some made it into Arkansas. My GGG grandfather William H Helms b 1820 1st married a Susanna Shank and then an Amanda Rivers he had abrother Ebenezar Hillis Helms that married a Hannah Bradshaw
and some of his descendants made it into Ohio.

james issac helms

jennie helms wyandt (View posts)
Surnames: Helms
Could his name be James Issac Helms of Hanceville, Alabama??
His wife was Adeline Dingler. Son - James Cullen Helms married to Cora Cecilia Johnston of Hanceville, Alabama. My dad Quentin Roosevelt Helms married to Helen Rogers was one of the James Cullen sons - Other children - Pascal, Grady, Orris, Opehila, Jewell, Doris. Any information would be appreciated.

Re: John Isaac HELMS - WHERE? WHEN

Ken Black/ Helms (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Helms
Hi Karon, In your travels, have you noticed a W.H. (Pete) Helms or his wife Alice? Or a Ralph J. Helms, wife- Margaret Helms/Childress? Ken :)

Re: your last name Wyandt

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 2:00PM GMT
I spell my last name "Wyandt". My Dad, George, was possibly adopted by Theresa Wyandt, wife of Charles. The two of them divorced. My Grandmother came from Norway. She was born in July of 1897. I don't know her maiden name. Any thoughts about any of this?

Becky Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: Helms,Riker,Cox,Votaw,Eltzroth,Ellis
I still find that interesting. My distant cousin Susan Wyant had a Wyant that married a Wyant. And they were not related. I know that one line started out as Weygandt or Weygant before changing the spelling. I could put you in touch with her to see what her thoughts are on this. She may know a little more about some of the spelling changes.
They did that with some of my other lines as well. For instance Eltzroth to Elseroad(e) and even Helms was changed alot.Besides just dropping or adding the S. You never know what you might find.
Contact me at alwaysdreamin1@yahoo.com if you would like to contact my Wyant cousin.

Posted: 26 Oct 2004 6:22AM GMT
The Charles you are looking sounds like he may be my boyfriends Grandfather. Charles Andrew Wyandt. He was married to a Theresa. They were either divorced or she passed away because he later married Mary P. Rist. They had a son named Charles Arthur Wyandt. ( my boyfriends Father )He resided in New Eagle, PA (Pittsburgh area) and passed away in February of 1978. He had several siblings but my Father In Law to be cannot remember all of their names.
He still resides in New eagle.
Hope this helps
per page

Find a board about a specific topic