Search for content in message boards

peter petersen

peter petersen

Posted: 23 Nov 2002 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
i' looking for any info on my great grandfather petersen who was born in schweileg holstein germany& his spouse was anna, their son was my grandfather ferrdnand& they had other sons too thomas , boy hans just to name a few. thank you lois obenauer

Re: peter petersen

Posted: 24 Nov 2002 11:37PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2002 10:30PM GMT
My grandfather was Peter Petersen, born in Schleswig c1856. He was in the Carlum, SCH, census at the age of 4. His parents were Carl Hansen Petersen and Ingeborg Andersen. Schleswig was taken over by the Prussians in the 1860s and Peter emigrated to New Zealand about 1880. He married Anna Catherina Nielsen in Greytown, New Zealand, 11 Mar 1882. The only relatives I know of are his direct descendants, but would be interested in hearing of any others.
I know nothing of your relatives, Lois.
Iris of Auckland, NZ

Re: peter petersen

lois obenauer (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2002 12:43PM GMT
hi, my petersens are as follows hans petersenwife fredericka she died before he did hans died a week before peter petersen did & they are buried in a cemetery on the edge of schweig germany which was the year of 1879 on april 26. peter petersen was born dec. 16 1840& died april 26 1879 in the village of oster ochrstead germany wifw ann no other info except that she was born may 15,1843 died feb 20 1911 near preston Iowa. peter& annas' children were christrine, fredericka, katie,thomas boy, john,hans & ferdinand(my grandfather)
they all settled in eastern Iowa all of my uncles & aunts were born there except my father who was born in south dakota.
If this makes any sense to you & we connect someway I can send you more info snail mail.
lois obenauer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions