Search for content in message boards

Starks Family

Starks Family

Posted: 6 Oct 2010 7:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starks
I am trying to get information about a slave of the Starks family. His name was William Starks. Can anyone help me?

Re: Starks Family

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 8:17PM GMT
Hi, I am also trying to get information on a Burton Starks, In the 1870 census they have him living in Goochland, Byrd Virginia, but in the 1880 census, they have him living in Plantersville, Texas. Do you have a Leona, Mollie, James, Toney, Lock (changed name to Louis)

starkswl_1

Posted: 8 Oct 2010 8:14PM GMT
No. I don't have any information on the Starks family slaves. Just know they were in Kentucky.

Posted: 12 Oct 2010 5:35PM GMT
I, too, am searching for info on William(Willie, Will) Starks. He said he was from Sardis, MS.

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 8:06PM GMT
What else do you know about him. Family? How do you know he was from Ms.

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 10:56PM GMT
Did your Willliam Starks also live in Arkansas and married to Eleanor? Was he from DeSota County Mississippi? Was his middle name possibly Eldridge? I have a William Starks in my family tree from Mississippi and later moved to Arkansas.

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 3:10PM GMT
I don't know much about him at all. He was born between 1860 and 1890. He was traveling with a woman into Lafayette County, MS when they met my ggrandmother. I believe the woman may have been his sister. They told my ggrandmother they were from Sardis, MS. In my research I have met many Starks', but no one knows a William or Will Starks. It is thought that he may have spent some time in jail although I cannot confirm this.

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 4:03PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. No William Starks was never in jail. He was from Kentucky but moved to Illinois. He was married to Mattie Starks and they had 14 children.

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 4:05PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. William Starks was from Kentucky and was married to Mattie Starks. They lived in Illinois.

Posted: 21 Jun 2011 4:38AM GMT

I think your Will Strarks also shows up in my family tree as William E Strarks form Mississippi, Birth around 1878. In one of your earlier postings, you mentioned he possibly spent time in jail. My Uncle William Eldridge Starks was from Sardis, Ms and spent time in jail.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic