Classification: Query
Surnames: BARTOLICIUS, SCHICKEDANZ, HORN, KRUEGER, SCHEITZLER
Looking for any info on the following surnames:
BARTOLICIUS
SCHICKEDANZ
HORN
KRUEGER
SCHEITZLER

My ancestors Arthur BARTOLICIUS and Emma Scheitzler were married in Lithuania- not sure if they were born there or in Germany.
They both died in USA
Arthur d.18 Apr 1956
Emma d. 18 Apr 1958

Have very limited info on:
Agnes BARTOLICIUS b. abt 1887
m. 1906 to
Gustav SCHICKEDANZ b. 14 Mar 1883 in Neustdt, Tarroggen, Lithuania d. 15 Apr 1950
Friedrich Richard BATRTOLICIUS b. abt 1858 Neustdt, Tarroggen, Lithuania
M. 15 Nov 1881 to
Eliesabeth Horn
Any info. is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lesa

Re: Desperately Seeking....

Posted: 8 Nov 2008 6:30PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2008 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Horn, Schickedanz
I read your notices, and a lot of the surnames you mention are in our family tree. We are just starting to compose our family tree. My mother who is a Horn is from Neustadt, Lithuania. She says, Gustav Schickedanz had 3 grandsons, and they would now be in their 70's - 80's and they all live in Toronto, Canada. If you have a family tree, I would be interested to see it and compare to to ours so far.

Regards,
Marina

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2008 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: Bartolizin, Bartolizm, Bartilicius, Bartolomeo, Muller
Lesa,

On ancestry.com, I found these records:

1. April 17, 1912, passenger manifest, S.S. President Lincoln arriving in New York from Hamburg: Artur Bartolizin [so it is indexed], age 35, from Neustadt. His nearest relative in the old country was his wife, Emma. He was going to [brother?] Emil Bartolizin at 462 Tent [?] St., New York. He was born in Neustadt. A notation in another hand indicates he applied for citizenship in the U.S.

2. April 04, 1912, passenger manifest, S.S. President Lincoln, S.S. President Lincoln, arriving in New York from Hamburg: Arthur Bartolizm [so indexed], age 35, from Neustadt, Germany. Occupation: Cook.

3. Dec. 22, 1913, passenger manifest, S.S. George Washington, arriving in New York from Bremen: Emma Bartilicius, age 32, single [sic], and her son, Waldemar, age 14, from Neustadt, Germany. Their nearest relative in the old country was their cousin, Ernst Mueller ["u" with umlaut") in Wilna (Vilnius, probably not the city but the province or gubernia). They were going to their husband/father, Arthur, living in Kittanning, Pennsylvania. Waldemar was born in a village whose name is difficult to decipher but appears to be "Kelletz..." in Kowna (Kaunas gubernia). A notation in a different hand indicates taht Emma applied for citizenship around 1940.

4. U.S. Census for 1930, Pittsburgh, Penn., 8 Hudson St:
Arthur Bartolomeo [so indexed], age 53, a cook in a hotel, born in Germany, arrived in the U.S. in 1912. He was living with his wife, Emma, age 51, born in Germany, arrived in the U.S. in 1915 [sic]. Their son, Leo E., age 15, was born in Pennsylania.

Neustadt today is in Lithuania and is called Kudirkos Naumiestis in Lithuanian, Wladyslawow in Polish, Nayshtot Shaki in Yiddish, and Vladislavov in Russian. It is also sometimes called or spelled Wladislawow, Naum'yestis, Naumiyestis, Naumiestis Šakiu, Naumiestis, Naumiesčio, Naumestis, Kudirkos-Naumestis, Naumestis, Naumiestis Kudirkos, Neyshtadt Shaki, Neishtat, Neishtat Kudirko, Neishtat Shervint, Novoe Mesto, Vlodislovov.

Today, it is in the S^akiai district on the very border with present-day Kaliningrad (Russia), which used to be East Prussia (Germany). Under the Czar of Russia (i.e., before WWI) it was in the province or gubernia of Suwalki. Many ethnic Germans and Poles lived in this area.

John Peters

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: schickedanz, presley, fohr
Hi,

I just saw this on line. My mom is Neoma Schickedanz (deceased) and the man who was to adopt me in Germany in 1959 was Charles (Chick) Schickedanz (also decease I believe), who was stationed in Weisbaden, Germany. My grandpartens who I was never allowed to know after my adoption in 1959 are Greta and Gusfav Schickedanz, the owners of Quelle.

If I can give you any information if your geneology search I'm happy to, please feel free to email me and I will provide a telephone number for a private discussion.

Sincerely, Elisabeth
Elisabeth Marie Presley-Schickedanz (aka Elsbet Fohr)
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions