Search for content in message boards

WELLS OF VA>MO>OK

WELLS OF VA>MO>OK

Vickie (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WELLS, COMBS or Coombs
Looking for any info on Freeman(Fredman)Wells b. abt 1770 of Henry Co.VA who married Martha Combs also of Henry Co. abt 1798 in Halifax Co., but lived in Henry Co., raised their 10 children here. Some of the children moved to MO. when grown. Grandchildren to OK after they were grown. I am specifically interested in a James Wells b. 1844 who married Louisa Orvis from Ky in MO. I need to know who his father was. It could be Abraham b. 1802 or Joel b. 1808, both sons of Freeman,born in Henry Co., VA, both moved to MO. I hope help is on the way.

Freeman WELLS

Betty Ann Wells (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WELLS, COMBS
I am a third great-granddaughter to Freeman WELLS b. 1773 md. 19 Mar 1798 Martha COMBS. I checked the children of Joel and Abram WELLS (sons of Freeman) and could not find a James WELLS b. 1844. The closest I came was Freeman Jr. who married Sally Ann MASON. They had a son James Emanuel WELLS b. 5 Jan 1837 in Henry co., VA who married a Lucy G. WELLS 1 Dec 1877 in Howard co., MO and had a son, James b. 1878. Of course, I do not have marriage or children for Freeman Sr.'s last child, Tom WELLS b. 1813, so that may be the father you are looking for. Best wishes and happy hunting!

Re: WELLS OF VA>MO>OK

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Wells Combs
I now have a few Orvises, but do not know about those in Oklahoma.

Re: Freeman WELLS

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 1:26PM GMT
I know I am about 13 years too late for this, but I am the great-great-great-granddaughter of Sally Ann Mason.

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 1:56AM GMT
Miss Saline,
I am also in this Wells line. Do you have a tree listing these Wells?

Posted: 1 Nov 2013 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: Wells, Hefflefinger, Huffman, Boyer, Mason
I have some information on the Freeman Wells, Jr family. His wife, Sally Ann, was the daughter of Elizabeth Hefflefinger Boyer Huffman and an unknown father. At the time Elizabeth's father's will was written in 1808, Elizabeth was married to a John Boyer, but by 1819 she was a Huffman. I'm not sure which husband was Sally Ann's father but I have never come across anyone by the name of Mason being married to Elizabeth.

Sally Ann was an only child and the heir to Elizabeth when she died in 1849. Her inheritance was set-up in a trust that was managed on her behalf by James Mullins. Elizabeth states in her will that her daughter, Sally, was "now the wife of Freeman Wells". It may be that Sally was married to a Mason prior to her marriage to Freeman Wells. I have been unable to locate a record of Sally's marriage(s).

Elizabeth's will is recorded on pages 150-152 in Henry County, Virginia Will Book 5 contained on microfilm Henry County Reel 16, Library of Virginia, Richmond.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions