Search for content in message boards

request for descendants of john malone sr

request for descendants of john malone sr

candice malone cobb (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
My daughter will be working on a genealogy project for an 8th grade English class (couple of years from now, but oldest daughter had same teacher so just getting ready) One part of the assignment is to create a visual aide representing her ancestors -- on her own, she is wanting to compile a family cookbook of recipes from aunts and grandparents. If we could get contributions from others who descended from John Malone, Sr., she could have a really unique visual aide and the Malones would have an interesting addition to family history.

If you are of this line (and I know there are a bunch out there) would you be willing to share a recipe or two, and maybe a family story, photos and also state your hometown and relationship to the Maryland Malone group? If this comes together, I'd be more that happy to provide copies to you when it all comes together. If I get a really good response, I could possibly send manuscript off to a cookbook publisher (like school fundraisers) and take orders. otherwise it may just be in form of a Word document.

Our line is John Malone Sr., John Malone Jr., William Malone, Levi Malone, Thomas Daniel Malone (2nd batch of kids), George Malone (my grandfather) -- John was in revolutionary war - Maryland area - granted land in Sullivan County, Tennessee, by North Carolina in 1783

any contributions would be greatly appreciated and could be a neat addition to our family tree

cobbc@dr-inc.com (can't accept hotmail emails)

Candice Malone Cobb

Re: request for descendants of john malone sr

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 2:43AM GMT
Candice-

What ties does this family have to Frederick County?

Thanks!

Joan

Re: request for descendants of john malone sr

candice malone cobb (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2003 1:48PM GMT
john malone (melone) sr. and jr. were in the maryland militia -- fought in lord dunsmore's war and in revolutionary war.

according to land records, john melone bought 50 acres of land called timber ridge from james johnson on 6 april 1749 and sold the 50 acres to john white on 15 may 1764 -- i think john sr. was married to a sarah cole, but don't have proof of this.

also have source cited as john purchased 100 acres from joseph chaplin on 20 november 1760 and recorded 18 march 1761

After the revolutionary war, john malone received a land grant from north carolina for land in sullivan county tennessee

if you know of any descendents of john malone, please pass this request on.

thanks

candice malone cobb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions