Search for content in message boards

McGhees in Ayrshire and Wigtownshire.

McGhees in Ayrshire and Wigtownshire.

Posted: 20 Jul 2002 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Nov 2005 11:33AM GMT
Surnames: McGhee Carnochan Galloway Litterick Lyburn Fulton Flinn Harkins
Hugh McGhee born 12th October 1837 Inch Wigtownshire
Father John McGhee mother Jane Carnochan.

Hugh McGhee married Mary Veich 8th July 1864 Louden Ayr
Children...Hugh McGhee born 28th February 1872 Galston Ayr
Any information on this branch of my family would be great. I have plenty of information to share with anyone interested in this McGhee family.
Family stories tell of my grandparents visiting McGhee relatives in both Darly and Galston in the earlier part of 1900s

Re: McGhees in Ayrshire and Wigtownshire.

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 2:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2002 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: mcgee/mcghee and mcphee?
i know the mcfee'mcphee's and macduffie's mcvie mcgee mcguffie duffy are all from the folks on colonsay way back are the mcghee's also from that clan. these folks went to the shamrock for safe harbor when the Campbell's were takeing over the highlands and Islands of scotland. at www.macfiesocietyofamerica.com you can find all these diffrent renderings. and if you want to visit www.colonsay.org.uk and click on the corncrake news letter scroll down untill you see in red letters SEARCH ENGINE type in the words DEMISE OF THE MACDUFFIE'S lots of histry there on these folks and a idea why so menny rendering for mcphee. the name comes from macdubhsithe and then transforms to macduffie and then mcphee and so on well hope you like the site's there is a census there on colonsay from 1841 i found o lot of interesting names on that click on genealogy for that and under maps@pictures you can see a great big celtic cross good luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic