Search for content in message boards

George W. Stubbs and wife Susan Alger.

George W. Stubbs and wife Susan Alger.

Posted: 7 Mar 2002 7:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Stubbs, Alger, Springer
Looking for George W. Stubbs and wife Susan Alger. George Stubbs was born 21 May 1865 in Indiana, but had grownup in Lincoln Co., Kansas. According to a land record in Kansas this couple, in Sept 1904, was in Bernalillo co., Territory of New Mexico. George Stubbs was the son of John Stubbs and Minerva Frances Springer. Have just received the death certificate for Susan Alger Stubbs. She died 4 Feb 1933 in Albuquerque, Bernalillo co. New Mexico. She was the daughter of Nathan Alger and Mary French, both born in Canada, but surely at some time residents of Lincoln Co, Kansas. I am seeking further information on George and Susan Stubbs and any children for a family book. You may email me directly at RizerK@erinet.com

Re: Children of Rev. Nathan Alger

Posted: 4 Nov 2007 4:59AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 6 May 2012 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: Alger, Stubbs, Kinney, Freud, Field
Have some additional information on family of Susan Alger:

REV. Nathan W. ALGER conducted several weeks of evangelistic services in Passumpsic, and then became pastor of the Baptist Ch. at Passumpsic in the spring of 1875, pastor 8 years, superintendent of schools. He held other charges in Canada and in Vermont-later went to Santa Cruz, Calif. Pastor there some years. Res. at Albuquerque, N. M., after 1892; revisiting Vermont in 1898.

He married a Miss Freud, b. July, 1840, at Compton, P. Q., Nov., 1860-celebrating their golden wedding at Albuquerque, N. M., in Nov., 1910, a brother of each, who attended the wedding in 1860, being present. He d. at Albuquerque, Apr.
5, 1914, aged 80 years, 3 months.

Children:

I. Minnie J., b. ?, married Edgar J. Field, who d. Albuquerque, March 19, 1914; 2 or 3 children, one of whom, Frances, b. Aug. 1, 1914.

II. John. Graduated Brown University. Prin. Rhode Island State Normal School. Res. Providence, R. I.

III. Edmund J. Graduated San Francisco Dental College. Dentist. in Albuquerque, N. M. Children: Caroline, b. ab. 1911; James, b. ab. 1913; Molly, b. ab. 1918.

IV. Son who d. at Passumpsic.

V. Susie, m. G. W. Stubbs. Res. Albuquerque. Children: Stanley, b. ab. 1907; Helen, b. ab. 1909.

VI. Mabel, b. Passumpsic; m. Dr. Bruce Kinney, Gen. Supt. Midland Div. Bapt. Home Miss. Soc. Res. Topeka, Kan. Children: Dorothy, b. ab. 1902; Marion, b. ab. 1903; Carolyn, b. ab. 1905; Winifred, b. ab. 1911.

History of Barnet, Vermont
pages 326 and 327
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions