Search for content in message boards

looking for descendents of Andrew Powers

looking for descendents of Andrew Powers

shirley Powers (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: powers, proctor
looking for descendents of Andrew Powers born in Maine migrated to Eau Claie, eau clair co. wisc after civil war
his mother was Fanny proctor, father Charles powers.any information regarding fanny proctor,s and charles powers would be appreciated. their parantage etc

Re: looking for descendents of Andrew Powers

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 5:01AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2009 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: Burce, Powers, procter
My Great-Grandmother was Frances M. Powers, daughter of Charles and Frannie(Procter) Powers. She married Charles E. Burce. I'm sorry but I don't have any information back further. Even so would like to be in contact with you.

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 6:31PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2009 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Powers, Proctor, reed, mayberry
Charles M. Powers, 5 sept 1797 Georgetown, Maine m
9 oct. 1819 Frances Proctor of Falmouth, Maine.
Patrick Powers,1771 in Georgetown, Maine is who, i believe to be charles's father. He married Hannah Reed of Salem Mass. She was born 1761 and died 1849 in Marion, Maine. He died between 1820 and 1830, in Marion, Maine, he would be my gggggrandfather, and i can't find any other info on him.
Frances (Fannie) Proctor's father was Ebenezer, born1768 maine. d 1827, maine. Fannie's mother was Bethia Mayberry, b 1768 in maine.
I have more info on the Proctor line somewhere, i'll look.
Send me an e-mail and i'll send it.
Steve

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2009 3:15AM GMT
Surnames: powers, proctor
I knew Patrick Powers was father of Charles but nothing about who he married. I don't have any information about the PROCTOR line other than Frances who was married to my ggrandfather. If you have info on the PROCTOR line I would greatly appreciate receiving it. Let me know and I can send my email address to you.

Thanks,
Susan Svoma

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 1:03PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2009 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Powers, Thompson, proctor
I do have more info on the Proctor line, I'm not sure of it's accuracy, but i believe its close. Send me an e-mail and i'll send it.
My line comes down from Charles Powers to Nelson A. in Medway to Sheridan, Medway to my grandmother, sadie Powers Thompson. Charles's father was Patrick, i'm stuck there, would you have any information on his parents and origin
Thanks
Steve crittertrapper76@yahoo.com

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 9:45PM GMT
Hello,

I too am looking for the parents of Fanny Proctor. (Frances Powers) married to Charles M. Powers.

My lineage goes through Andrew's brother, Nelson Powers who remained in Maine.

Ancestry trees seem to give Frances Power "Fanny" parents of Ebenezer Proctor and Bethiah Mayberry, but this couple never shows a "Frances" in the one book that mentions them "Windham in the Past".

If Fanny Proctor is indeed the daughter of Ebenezer Proctor, it's a direct line to John Proctor of the Salem Witch trials, but I can find no proof (though ancestry family trees say it's so!)

Let me know if you've found any more out on Fanny's parentage.
Thank you!!

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 5:18AM GMT
Surnames: Powers
I am a decendant of Charles Powers, he's my g,g.grandfather Nelson was great grandfather Sheridan is my

grandfather Richard"Dick" is my father Andrew was my great uncle Nelson's brother I don't know anything about Fanny Proctor and not much about Patrick Powers acousin sent me a picture of Fannym I would like to know more most of what i got I found in some history.at the library.

irelandemma3@ gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions