Search for content in message boards

Crowe Family of Maryland

Crowe Family of Maryland

Frank Crowe (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 7:30AM GMT
I too have family in Lonoconing, and Cumberland, and Frostburg areas.
I am from the Crowe/ Lancaster family. I have so far information back to
my Great Grandparents, Della Blanch Robeson (m) Ervin Franklin Lancaster.
Della (b)4-5-1877 (d) 9-5/6-1976, no dates on Ervin. Their children are:
Laura, Leonard, Grover, Argyle, Carl, Willard, Ervin Roy, Marshall, Rubanch Freida,
and my Grandmother Rella.
Rella Lancaster (b)7-24-1897 (d)6-30-1992 (m)
Alvin Crowe (b)3-27-1894 (d)12-?-1979 it is believed that Alvin's parents are known as
Silas Crowe and he (m) I think a Mary Jackson, no dates.
Children of Alvin and Rella Crowe are: my father George L. Crowe, Madaline, Clarence,
Edith Alberta, Geraldine Blanche, Edward Franklin, Charles Melvin (d) 3-5-1966 in auto accident
in Texas, and Ronald Lee. My father George L. Crowe (b)5-2-1917 (m) Marthe Madeline Dunn (b)3-12-1926 (d)1-24-1999
Their children are:George L. Crowe Jr., Goldie Mae, Martha Juanita, and me Willard Franklin Crowe. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Re:Crowe Family from Maryland

Posted: 1 Apr 2001 8:18PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 2:09AM GMT
I'm looking for Crowes from Lonaconing also and I might be able to help you with a marriage record I found at St Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Lonaconing.

Geraldine Blanche, daughter of Alvin Crowe and Arella Lancaster, married William Marshall Nickel(?), son of Chas W Nickel and Edna Leona McKenzie on April 15, 1944. Witnesses were Roy Beeman and Helen Beeman.

I also have one for an Edward Leroy, son of Edward Crowe and Emma Wilhelm who married Velda Patricia Davies, daughter of Robert and Augustine Griffiths on Sept. 29, 1951.Witnesses were Mrs. Catherine Meyers and DeSales Meyers.

Hope this helps!My email address is Crafd1 @aol.com.

Denise

Re: Crowe Family of Maryland

Posted: 5 Aug 2005 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: crowe
My name is Amanda Pylate (Crowe). My father is Franklin Delano Crowe b. 4/1937 Cumberland, MD d. 6/1985 Philadelphia, PA. He was married to Naomi Snyder (my mother) in Hagerstown, MD 6/1968 and divorced 12/1977. His mom's first name was Adeline, don't know maiden name. Think his father's name started with an E, he died in the 1950's. Siblings: Vinson "Bud", James "Pooch", "Sunny", William Norman, Margaret m. Liller, and Bernadine or Bernadet m. Miller. He also had a half brother from his mom, Woodrow Wilson Taylor b. Dayton, OH. I never had a chance to meet my father or any of his family and would really like to know more about them. If you have any information, please contact me as soon as possible.

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Crowe Jackson Broadwater Duckworth
Theresa (Crowe) Korish 1954-

I am from the Crowe/Broadwater family from Barton, Maryland.
My parents: Kenneth Loyal Crowe 1923-1993/ Ida Catherine (Bruno) Crowe
Children: Thomas Patrick Crowe 1951-2008, Theresa Ann Korish
Grandparents: George Henry Crowe 1884-1965(brother Alvin, sister Alberta? Shane)/Wilma (Broadwater) Crowe 1889-1972
Children:Cecil Crowe, Pearl Kantor, Neva Monahan, Freda Bradley, Kenneth L. Crowe
GGrandparents: Silas Crowe/Mary(Jackson) Crowe

I don't know much else, but what I have from The Cumberland News Obituaries: 10/19/72 and 11/05/65

My email is clstak@yahoo.com

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 2:13AM GMT
George Silas Crowe b. Jun 1856 d. dec 1943

Barton, Md. Dec. 17, 1943. Silas Crowe 97, a retired farmer of Garrett County, died here Wednesday night at the home of his son George Crowe. He was a native of Avilton and had resided at Barton seven years.
He is survived by three others sons, Robert, Baltimore, Alvin, Lonaconing and Elmer Crowe, Cumberland, and one daughter, Mrs. Albert Shane, Baltimore; also 28 grandchildren and six great grandchildren.

Mary L. Jackson b. 1864 d. Dec 1927

CROWE, Mrs. Silas
Mrs. Mary Crowe, 69 years old, wife of Silas Crowe, died last night at Miners Hospital. She had been ill several years. A native of Garrett county, Mrs. Crowe during the past fifteen years lived at Eckhart where her husband was employed by the Consolidation coal Company. Besides her husband, she is survived by several children: George Crowe of Barton; William, Robert, Elmer and Albert Crowe of Frostburg and John Crowe, of Ocean, and Miss Martha Crowe of Baltimore. A sister, Mrs Elizabeth Lane, of Lonaconing, and a brother, Liston (?) Jackson of Meyersdale, also survive. The body of Mrs. Crowe has been taken to the home of her son, John Crowe, at Ocean from where the funeral will take place Dec 12 1927 Cumberland Evening Times

Silas and Mary were married 26 July 1882. They had 3 daughters and 7 sons.

Friday, June 13, 1913 KEYSER TRIBUNE

MYSTERIOUS SHOOTING Lonaconing Md
The home of Silas Crowe, at a lonely spot on Savage Mountain, about five miles from here, was the scene of a mysterious shooting that is baffling the efforts of the coroner's jury endeavoring to the place the blame for the death of Mr Crowe's daughter, Bessie, aged 16 years.
Tuesday afternoon about three o'clock the elder members of the Crowe family went away from home to return when summoned by neighbors and find the lifeless body of the child who has come to her death from the effects of a gunshot wound in the back of the head. The charge had entered just back of her left ear, tearing the back of her head off.
There was no eye witnesses in the shooting, and the story told by a brother and a sister of the dead girl is doubted by the jury on the case. The brother, which is several years older than the dead girl, and a sister, several years younger, state that they were on the outside of the house and upon hearing a shot ran to find their sister with the gun in her hand lying on the floor. This story was once disqualified by the jury impaneled the Justice of the Peace, George Brown, acting coroner, where they had examined the body of the dead girl and failed to find any burns or powder marks.
At a late hour Wednesday no solution of the mystery had been reached. The brother and sister are both being held as witnesses.

I have more on the ancestors of Silas Crowe if interested.

Carol (Crowe) Vivier

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 9:59PM GMT
Franklin Delano Crowe was my uncle. My father was James Crowe(pooch). You can contact me at the email address provided. I called your dad Uncle Rowe, not sure where that name came from though.

Posted: 12 Apr 2013 9:03AM GMT
my name is cliff crowe charles melvin is my father florne/tincy perry wasmy mom im looking for fathers birthplace and date of birth please help me if u can

Posted: 3 May 2013 8:53PM GMT
Hi Frank,
Sorry I didn't respond to your note earlier but I lost my hard drive on my computer about the time of your posting.

First off your name sounds familiar to me. Have you ever gone to a Crowe family reunion in Finzel? I went to one in 2006. My maiden name was Crowe and I live in California...ring a bell?

Alvin C. Crowe's parents were indeed George SILAS Crowe and Mary L. Jackson. They were married July 26, 1882. I might be wrong but I had Alvin's death date about about 1944.

Alvin's father who went by his middle name Silas was a son of John Crow and Emily Warnick. John and Emily's family are the Crowe's that live off Avilton?Lonaconing Road do you know that road? I know those cousins very well. I've been to Maryland just about every year since 2004. The Crowe's have started a family web page on Facebook. If you use Facebook send me an email to carolvivier@ca.rr.com and I can send you an invitation.

John Crowe was the son of Jacob Crow and Margaret Winebrenner. This set of Grandparents is the connection we all share. My family is from John's brother Nelson Crowe. I have a lot more information I can give you. Contact me at the email address I gave you. It's always nice to meet another cousin! Do you still live in Maryland?

Carol

Posted: 3 Jul 2013 9:46PM GMT
Hi Cliff:

This is Angela (Angel) Smith, your cousin. Madeline (Susie) Crowe Smith was Uncle Chuck's sister. Not sure you remember me.

Anyway, it's great to find you. I would love to touch bases with you after all these years.

I know I have a printed obituary (with photo) for Uncle Chuck somewhere and I will look for it and will to get you a copy as soon as I find it if you contact me off this forum.

Feel free to email me at angelabsmith123@gmail.com and if you send me your number I will give you a call.

Your cousin,
Angel

Posted: 3 Jul 2013 10:04PM GMT
Frankie:

Not sure you are even still on the site, but thought it would be worth trying to reach out.

It's Angel, your aunt Susie's daughter.

Would love to hear from you if you see this.

Email me at angelabsmith123@gmail.com

Angel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions