Search for content in message boards

"Personal Roots" software needed

"Personal Roots" software needed

Tom McDonnell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2005 6:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
I want to Produce a GEDCOM file, but no longer have the software. It seems the maker is defunct.

Re: "Personal Roots" software needed

Posted: 30 Jan 2005 9:05PM GMT
I have Personal Roots Deluxe and will share. I successfully moved all my files to Family Tree Maker as a
Gedcom file - Whew!

Posted: 19 Feb 2005 6:40AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2005 2:01PM GMT
I have quite a bit of data in a Personal Roots 2.0 program, and I am wondering if there is a way to transfer the data to either a .paf or a GEDCOM file? Does anyone have any ideas, or know if it can be done? Thank you.

Posted: 18 Aug 2005 2:26AM GMT
I am sorry this is no help for you but I have the same problem. Were you able to find a way to export to GEDCOM or upgrade?

Posted: 23 Aug 2005 12:15AM GMT
I found a program to ecport Personal Roots 2.0 to a standard GEDCOM file. It was written by the original author of P.R.
First go here:

http://www.saintclair.org/ftp/pub/pafutils/?S=A

In the list look for prged20.zip

I have not tried the software yet so I have no information as to its ability to really work. It should be fine, but run at your risk.

Posted: 7 Feb 2008 3:10AM GMT
what verion of expert personal roots do you have? i have a disk but cannot get into it as the foxpro library is missingand i have a lot of people in there. the progran was for dos but i now have win 98 2nd ed. i have been looking for a working copy of roots so i can get my info out. is your copy for rent or loan or can it be purchased? you can get me at jackmac3@prodigy.net. thanks in advance.jack

Posted: 10 Jun 2009 3:42AM GMT
Hi I bought Personal Roots Deluxe years ago and now cannot find my CD to re-install the program on my new computer, I had copied the folder that xroots was in but it won't open on my computer. What is the easiest way to get a copy of the cd.

Regards

Maggie

Posted: 10 Jun 2009 3:45AM GMT
Forgot to give you my e-mail address in case you can help me
maggied52@gmail.com or maggied@netspace.net.au
either one will get me

Regards

Maggie

Posted: 11 Sep 2009 12:01AM GMT
Hi, I have personal roots deluxe files on my laptop but no longer have the program disc. Had to replace laptop and had files saved, but need the disc to get access to them. CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!!!!

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 10:36AM GMT
I am in the same situation. I have all my data but am unable to access due to computer malfunction and loss of disc. Did you have any success?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions