Search for content in message boards

Lucinda Keziah Howell b. 1824 in Ashe co. N.C. help plz

Lucinda Keziah Howell b. 1824 in Ashe co. N.C. help plz

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I have hit a roadblock with Lucinda, Im not certain but i've found there was a James Howell in Ashe at the right time I guess its possible could be her family, but i have no proof at all. She named her oldest son "James William" this wasn't from her husbands side. So Im thinking it could be named after her dad or maybe she just liked the name.

Any help with finding her parents/siblings is very appreciated. She got married in 1843 to John Stidham, they stayed in Ashe a few years & was on the 1850 census there, but came to virginia about 1855 or so.
Thanks,
Tim

Re: Lucinda Keziah Howell b. 1824 in Ashe co. N.C. help plz

Posted: 5 Mar 2010 5:10AM GMT
Try checking rootsweb.com. Check for a Joseph Howell & wife Esther Sugg or Suggs. They lived in Tarboro, Edgecombe, Co, NC. They had a Keziah& also Thomas, Joseph, Murphree (F), and Elizabeth. They divorced and John moved to Mecklenburg Co, NC then married Margaret Eleanor Garmon and had more children. Don't know if any of the children of Esther moved to Mecklenburg Co with him or not., but could have moved west to Ash Co. It seems that I saw a marriage of a child or grandchild to a Stidham. There is a possibility that Joseph's son John Howell (wife Essena Osborne), son of 2nd wife Margaret, may have named a daughter Lucinda Keziah, or maybe one of his brothers could have as well. I have a John Howell in my ancestry who moved to GA, settling in Cass (now Bartow) Co, then in Carroll Co, & back to Bartow Co. While in Carroll Co, GA, he had a Stidham working for him - showed in the 1870 census as a farm hand, so maybe our lines might merge at some point. Hope this helps you. If yoiu have any information on my John Howell,b. abt 1800 in NC, who was married to Mahala (Eley) Tarlton, please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Lucinda Keziah Howell b. 1824 in Ashe co. N.C. help plz

Posted: 5 Mar 2010 5:19AM GMT
Correction to my message just sent a few minutes ago. The farm hand was not a STidham - it was a Cartwright. I think I ran into a Stidham in a census regarding one of my Searcys, not Howell. Sorry. But a Thomas Searcy married Martha Ann Howell, so the Stidham probably fits in there with the Searcys and Howells.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic