Search for content in message boards

Borchers Genealogy

BORCHERS

Carl Attkins (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Borchers, Attkins
Elisabeth August Marie Baorchers married my Great Great Grandfather Theodor Attkins in Hannover on 2/27/1873. Her father was Georg Heinrich Karl Borchers, born 4/27/1811.
I am currently having some research done in Hannover. If I find a link I'll let you know.

Borchers Genealogy

Posted: 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: Borchers

I am looking for information on my grandfather John Bernard Borchers from Twistering (near Hannover), Oldenburg, Germany in the early/mid 1800. He immigrated to Minster, Ohio USA at age 16. I think he arrived in the USA at a port in Baltimore, Maryland.

Re: Borchers Genealogy

Alex Borchers (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2001 8:18PM GMT
My family somehow ended up in Laredo, Tx.

Posted: 24 Oct 2001 6:06PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 2:48AM GMT
Alex Borchers
I would need more information to know if and how we connect. Who are your ancestors? There are many Borchers families in the US.

Posted: 4 Oct 2003 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Borches, Heving
Hello. There is a John Bernard Borchers that appears in Cincinnati, Ohio and Covington, KY census from Hannover and Oldenburg. Could this be your John or other members of his family? My great great grandfather was Johann Dietrich Borges/Borchers, born in Covington, KY and his father was supposedly one John Borges and mother Mary (no last name known). The name appears to change often in the local directories from Borges to Borchers to Borches. I can not find my John and son Johann Dietrich in Covington before the 1880s, could they have been in Minster? Where is that exactly? County? Maybe we can help eachother out. I am here in Cincinnati and am doing research on the various Borges, Borches, Borgers, Borchers families here to try and figure the puzzle out. If you have any information to contribute to the puzzle :), or want any info from me, let me know. Thanks! Email me at mcnabbuc@netzero.net as I am using a library computer and I will not get notification of your response. Thanks again

LeeAnn McNabb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions