Search for content in message boards

Mary Grandville/william Adams

Mary Grandville/william Adams

Posted: 5 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Dec 2001 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Curley, Meehan
William Adams & Mary Granville came to the US in 1898 and married nd had several children. William came from Main Street Dingle and Mary was believed to come from the same area. She had a sister named Sarah but I can't find much more about her. I've got a few leads the last few days but nothing solid. William still has family in the area but they don't know much about the Granville side.

GRANDVILLE/GRANVILLE

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: GRANVILLE, GRIFFIN
I don't have a connection that I know of, but in six years of researching Kerry this is the first time I've heard somebody else researching the name GRANDVILLE or GRANVILLE. This name is in my research only from an account of Camp, County Kerry relatives that a cousing of mine, Elizabeth Griffin Stokes, who now lives in New Zealand, wrote:

"...Also, there was a sister of Grandfather John Griffin living in Sydney. All I know is that her name was Mrs. GRANVILLE and that she had one adopted daughter. I expect that is how Aunt Mary (Mary Griffin - daughter of John Griffin) and my father (Patrick Griffin - all Griffins from Camp) emigrated to Sydney in the first place."

So, I have a Griffin ancestor, who came from Kerry (likely Camp, County Kerry, although I only know their children were from there) that married a Granville (or Grandville).

Michael Egan
egan@fuse.net

Searching for the elusive Gran(d)ville name

Ernest Granville Bush (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bush, Smith, McCormick
Hi folks:
As far back as I can go, is to my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother, on my dad's side.
He: William (no middle name?) Bush and his wife: Ruth (no middle name?) Lidaman..were residing on "City Island (Long Island), New York, because my Grandfather, his brothers and a sister were born there(1888-1892?).

I am attempting to find out, if the Granville name belonged to my Great Grandfather's family...or, to my Great Grandmother's family.

Do know this...My Greatgrandfather, came from England; where my GreatGrandmother came from, or if she was right here..unknown......sure would like to find out

Do have some photos of them.

Any little bit of info would be appreciated..in turn, I will assist you all I can,

Thank you,

Ernest Gran(d)ville Bush

Re: Mary Grandville/william Adams

Posted: 29 Dec 2001 10:47PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2003 6:46AM GMT
Surnames: adams
James,
Where is "Main Street Dingle "?

I am researching an ADAMS line from Ireland.
Joyce

mjim adams (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2001 12:48AM GMT
Hi Joyce;
Dingle is in Kerry County. I have a lot of relitives, Adamsa' still there. If your crew turns out to be from that area, let me know. I have done a lot of research and have a lot of material.

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 2:52PM GMT
Surnames: Curran Shea Adams Sayers Guiheen
I have an interest in your William Adams of Main St, Dingle.

I am searching for an Adams who married Margaret Curran(e) of Caherard near Ventry circa 1900.Their son John J. Adams emigrated to Springfield,Mass circa 1928.

I am looking at the family of John Adams and Johanna Donoghue of Dingle and their children: Johanna, Ellen, Samuel, William, Anne, Johanna (2), Mary, William (2), and Alice.

I also see in the 1901 Main St. Dingle Census, a widow Johanna Adams as an draper and publican with children: Joseph, Annie and Alice. The ages don't match the preceeding family but I have been doing this long enough to know they could be wrong. They appear to live next door to James and Nell Curran who were related to and were the family Peig Sayers did her first "in-service". It is now J Curran's Pub, Dingle. These Currans may to be related to Margaret listed above.

Are you familiar with these families?

Are there any Currans in your Adams tree?

Thanks
Bill Hazelton
Memphis

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 3:36PM GMT
Hi Bill;
I have a wealth of information on the lineage of Joanne O'donoghue and John Adams. He was my great great grandfather.
My email is jadams7793@aol.
I'm looking at an old family tree, hand written that goes back to Joseph Adams. He came to Dingle from Wales in 1777 and married Anne Hayes. he was in the British royal navy and sailed with Capt James Cook. He had five children. Mary, Margret, Thomas, Samuel, and John. One of them parented your John, but it unclear which one. I may have some connection in my records and will try and find it. John had 9 children. One of them, Thomas married Margret Curran. But they only have 4 daughters listed, son John. However, Thomas had a brother John who was a Doctor who immigrated to Springfield. he still has children in thei area. He came to my sister wedding many years ago. Anyway, if you send me your e-mail address, we can start exchanging information. I have a lot of the connections you're looking for and hopefully you have some that I need.

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 8:40PM GMT
I'm just checking in o0n an old post and reread your post from several years ago. I posted the original mwessage looking for info wn William Adams and anne granville. Your post said you have a lot of information on Adams' from Dingle. All the Adams families in Dingle are connected to me in one way or another and would be interested in sharing what I have to compare to what you have. My email is jadams7793@aol.com

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 8:53PM GMT
I think I may have misread the family tree. It seems Thomas Adams and Margret Curran (M-1903) had several more children, 9 to be exact. (Alice, Annie, Maggie, Ellen, Samuel, Joseph, Hugh, John, & Robert, John was born in 1904 and married Julie Sayers. Interestingly, Thomas had another son, Joseph that married a Curran, (Can't make out the first name)

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 3:37AM GMT
Familiar with the family and am related. Have been to 1901 Main St.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic