Search for content in message boards

Halloran family

Halloran family

E Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halloran, O'Neill
Several members of the Halloran family moved from County Cork to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia about 1840. Some records show that as late as 1884 there was still a Michael Halloran and a Patrick Halloran in Middleton, Cork and a Mary Halloran O'Neill wife of Edmund O'Neill living in Clyne, County Cork.
Lots of records on Hallorans in Yarmouth and have just found the link to County Cork. I would enjoy hearing from anyone with information on this family.

Patrick Halloran

TIM HALLORAN (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Hello. My great-grandfather's name was Patrick Halloran.He
is buried in Staten Island,NY. I am just begining a search
of my ancestors. I know nothing about him at this point. I think he came from the Cork area and resided in Bayonne or Jersey City,NJ when he came here. I am also searching for my
mother's ancestors. Her name was Angela Minihane. She was born in Cork City on 10/25/24. If I learn anymore about Patrick Halloran ,I will e-mail you.
regards,
Tim Halloran

Re: Halloran family

patti (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2001 6:41AM GMT
Im a halloran

Carol Fuccillo-Awe (View posts)
Posted: 9 Dec 2001 8:52PM GMT
My mother is Mary Pat Halloran.

Her father was Simon Halloran, and her mother, Florence Fitzgerald. Simon worked for Standard Oil.

My mother grew up in Alton, IL and Wood River, IL. Married my father, Domenic Fuccillo, in 1953.

I believe some ancestors (g-g-grandparents?) Anna O'Brien and Dan Halloran or O'Halloran.

They both came over from Ireland as young adults -- 18 -
early 20's, both unmarried and settled in Pittsburgh,
PA. Later went to Whiting, Indiana when Standard Oil
built a refinery. Transferred to Alton, IL when Standard
Oil started their refinery.

Grandmother Halloran's relatives -- she had 5 sisters -
(2) that lived in this area with their families. There's also a May Halloran from Chicago.

Trying to find more information about this part of my family.

Thank you,

Carol Fuccillo-Awe

Luanne Awe (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2002 10:26AM GMT
Hi, I have an uncle who lives in Alton, Illinois named, Robert Awe. He is my father, Russell's, twin brother born in Iowa to Delbert and Amelia 2/14/20. Let me know if you have any info. I have been searching for a long time. There were 7 children in all to look for. Thanks, Luanne

Kristi (Awe) Wright (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2002 4:34PM GMT
Hi, I read your message and am sure sure we are related somehow. My Dad's name is Donald "Don" Awe. He was born to Oscar and Hilda Awe in Mason City, IA on 4/13/1940. I will try to get some more info from my Dad and will send you a message at a later time.

Kristi (Awe) Wright

Posted: 11 Jun 2002 9:46AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 9:25AM GMT
I am so glad to hear from you. Sorry for the delay, I haven't checked for a while because I had not seen any info on line. I will check more often now. My knowlege is limited; but, I would be glad to supply what I can. I would love to hear more on the family. Thanks, Luanne

Re. Awe family

jean-paul awe (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 1:52AM GMT
Dear Kristi:

I am not sure whether this message came direct, or was forwarded by Luanne Awe. Anyhow, if you are in the midwest, or your family came from the midwest, especially Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, there's a very good chance we are couisins. If you go to the Awe message board, my family history such as I know it is posted there. Possibly we are cousins. Let me know, or tell me your family history such as you know.

Sincerely,

Jean-Paul Awe

Re: Awe family

jean-paul awe (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 2:02AM GMT
Hello Luanne:Have we talked before?Please tell me your family history as you know it. Are you related to Kristi Awe Wright? I look forward to hearing from you. sincerely :Jean-Paul Awe

Re: Awe family

Posted: 13 Jun 2002 11:56AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 9:25AM GMT
Surnames: Awe, Beaver
Hi. No we haven't talked before; however, I have seen your messages for a while. Kristi Awe Wright and I think we must be related; but, she is getting back to me after she speaks to her father. My father Russell Ernest Awe was born to Delbert and Amelia Beaver Awe in Mason City, Iowa, Valentines Day, 1920. He and his twin, Robert, were the babies of 7 children. There were 2 sets of twin actually. I know that my uncle, Sylvan, was a police chief in a town; however, I don't know which one. I was born in Maquoketa, Iowa and my family moved to Florida before I was a year old. I have no recollection of my birth place of course and have been writing to a lot of places to try to put the pieces together. I appreciate hearing from you and look forward to more conversations. Thank you, Luanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions