Search for content in message boards

Henry Bell Brookins Burke County, Ga

Henry Bell Brookins Burke County, Ga

Posted: 23 Oct 2006 5:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brookins, Bell, Sapp, Flakes, Hillis
Is anyone familiar with these Brookins?

HENRY BELL BROOKINS AND MRS. MARY BROOKINS

They are listed in my great granddaddys obit as his parents but yet I have search and search for any piece of infor on these people and get no where. My father told me that William D. (Judge is what everyone called him) was really born a BELL. He took his grandmother's name BROOKINS. The church that he is buried at has records that his mother is CAROLINE BROOKINS. I have also been told that his mother was working at someones plantation or home and she became pregnant by that man and was raised as a bastard child and was took in by the BROOKINS family, if so then who is HENRY BELL BROOKINS. None of this makes sense to me. Does anyone go to the Burke County Courthouse often and look up records? If so maybe you could keep me in mind if you run across anything on HENRY BELL BROOKINS. I would appreciate it. Any information on these two people I would appreciate very very much. I have search the Augusta Chronicle Archives, Ancestry.com and numerous other exploring places. I dont find anything.
Thanks, Darlene Brookins Brooks

This is my grandfathers obituary from the Augusta Chronicle.

William Dwellie (Judge) Brookins - Sardis, Georgia
age 82, died Wednesday 1-27-1965) at his residence near Alexander, Ga., after a brief illness. He was the son
of Henry Bell Brookins and Mrs. Mary Brookins, both natives of Burke county. He was a retired farmer and a member of the Sardis Methodist Church. Survivors include two daughters, Mrs. Myrtle Flakes, Alexander, Ga., Mrs. Gaynell Hillis, Sardis, GA., two sons, Frank Parker Brookins, Alexander, GA., and Bonnie H. Brookins, Waynesboro, GA.

I have search the Augusta Chronicle Archives, Ancestry.com and numerous other exploring places. I dont find anything.

Re: Henry Bell Brookins Burke County, Ga

Mark Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2006 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Contact me at markinorlando54@yahoo.com and I will give you my mother's telephone number (Frances Bell) . We have talked once before and if your mom is still with us. Then you had mentioned that they would like to see each other.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic