Search for content in message boards

New To List Researching HOEFT/WENDT/RAASCH

New To List Researching HOEFT/WENDT/RAASCH

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: HOEFT, WENDT, RAASCH
I am new to the list, on the suggestion of others I've "met" on line. The names I am researching are HOEFT, WENDT and RAASCH in Waukesha and Milwaukee counties in the 1800s and 1900s. Since I am a beginner at this, suggestions from other researchers on good resources to check are much appreciated.

This is a great resource - I look forward to using it many times!

Kimberly Proffitt
Minneapolis, MN

Re: New To List Researching HOEFT/WENDT/RAASCH

Posted: 15 Mar 2002 8:04PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2002 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: REIMER, WALTER, ZANDER, WENDT, MAMEROW, ALBRECHT
Kimberly, please list more specific information ie names. I have found a connection of Wendt and Hoeft. This Wendt family married into a WALTER family. I have alot of info on the Walter side and quite a bit on the Wendt side. I also have contact with someone that is from the WENDT/HOEFT families.
Regards,
Dawn

Posted: 1 Sep 2002 6:04AM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 7:34AM GMT
Surnames: WENDT, HOEFT
I am related to descendants of this family and have some information on their origins in Prussia. These Wendts and Hoefts attended Trinity Ev. Church, Brookfield, now Trinity United Church of Christ, Capitol Drive and Calhoun Road. The records for this church have been filmed by the LDS and are available through Family History Libraries.

Other members of this family attended Friedens Church in Milwaukee, also, I believe. These records are also available through the LDS.

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2002 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: REIMER, WALTER, WENDT, ZANDER
Penny,
We have corresponded in the past regarding Trinity families. I am also related to the Wendt family from Trinity. I have recently "discovered" a cousin that is from the Hoeft/Wendt families. Please email me with Wendt info.
Dawn (Reimer)

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: HOEFT WENDT RAASCH
"... The names I am researching are HOEFT, WENDT and RAASCH in Waukesha and Milwaukee counties in the 1800s and 1900s. Since I am a beginner at this, suggestions from other researchers on good resources to check are much appreciated ..."

A resource in Milwaukee under construction since 2007 is called "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). It's a secondary source, not a replacement for a vital records index, and best accessed with names/dates in hand. There are about 75 Hoeft, 450 Wendt, 415 Raasch entries or references in the current data. An out-of-date public library copy was cataloged in 2008 and last updated in 2010.

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions