Search for content in message boards

great great grandma

great great grandma

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 4:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: vanhoy
Looking for info on Iler Southard, She may be a Cherokee Indian.

Re: great great grandma

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 7:01PM GMT
It would help if you would post more information. When born and where, when died and where. Name of husband when married and where. That way those of us who help others can check sources such as censuses and other online records.

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 7:07PM GMT
I don't have to much info, her husband was named Henry, they lived in surry county, I'm not positive but I think she died in early or mid 1970's,I'm not sure if she was indian, but supposedly my Grandmother's grandmother was full blooded cherokee.Any help is much appreciated, so thank-you.

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 8:21PM GMT
So Southard is her married name? I would post any questions about her family and linage on the surname board of her Maiden name Vanhoy/Van Hoy/Van Hay.

I find a death certificate for a Iler V. Southard b. Aug 9, 1898 in NC died March 4th 1974 in Surry Co. NC
Father Dan Van Hoy, Mother Fronie Nicholson
Online family trees have Daniel Alexander Van Hoy/Vanhoy and Sarah Surfronia (or Sapharonia) Nicholson

I find the Vanhoy/Van Hoy family in Yadkin County NC for 1900, 1910 and 1920 census. She is listed as Ila in 1910 an 1920 and is not listed in the 1900 census. Her parents are is listed as Darel and Sarah S. Vanhay in 1900, Daniel A. and Sarah S. Van Hay, in 1910 and D.A. and Fronie Vanhoy in 1920 censuses. All census records list family members as White.

By 1930 in Bucks Shoals, Yadkin Co. NC she is married to Henry and she is listed as Iler Southern.

Posted: 26 Jun 2008 1:02PM GMT
Thank-You so much for the help and info, its a big help,and I will post it on the vanhoy board.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions