Search for content in message boards

Prudy M. Westbrook, b. 1897? TX

Prudy M. Westbrook, b. 1897? TX

Posted: 10 Dec 2003 3:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Apr 2006 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: Westbrook, Goodnight
Can anyone tell me about Prudy M. Westbrook, born 1897 in TX??

Some say she is the Daughter of William E. Westbrook and Sara Elizabeth Goodnight, but that doesn't jive with my mother or any of her brothers. Loucinda Westbrook, oldest child of William E. and Sara Goodnight Westbrook, is their grandmother. They say that they didn't have a great aunt Prudy.

Other folks say that they think she Willaim and Sara's son Thomas' daughter.

Please help......

Re: Prudy M. Westbrook, b. 1897? TX

Posted: 28 Jun 2006 4:54AM GMT
Surnames: Westbrook, Goodnight, Carter
I have in my Westbrook family tree Prudie Myril Westbrook born 08 Nov 1897 Milam County, Texas as the duaghter of William Ervin (Buck) Westbrook and Sara Elizabeth (Susie) Goodnight. Prudie's siblings were Thomas Osborne; William Elijah (Tish), Lucinda Caroline (Lula, my great grandmother), John Fleming, Mary Ellen, Edward Erivn (Ed), Velma Ann, Effie May, and Elzie Ray (Jack).

I show that Prudie married Claude W Carter 11 Oct 1914 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas. She died 3 June 1977 in Waco is supposed to be buried in Rosemond Cemetery in Waco.

Steven Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jun 2006 1:00PM GMT
Well.......mom says that she never heard of her, and that she knew all of her grandmothers siblings.

That's all know about her...........

Posted: 12 Nov 2007 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: Edwin Westbrook
was reading your post about the Westbrooks and I noticed you had a Edward Ervin Westbrook listed in that family. I am searching for the parents or birth of Edwin Westbrook from McLennan Co. born in 1875 or 1876. Do you think this might be my Edwin Westbrook? He owned or co owned a hardware store in Mart Tx. He married a May A.Davis and they had a daughter Francis Virginia Westbrook Trent and two sons I believe. Is there any possibility that this could be the same person. Edwin was born in Texas. Maby he shortened his name from Edward. I can't find where he was born or who his parents were. Any knowledge of these Westbrooks? Thank You, Carolyn Meeks junebug85
@verizon.net

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 12:48AM GMT
I don't know about Edwin Ervin. The dates you have are 10 years earlier than my Edward Ervin.

You might have some luck asking in the following YAHOO "group":

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WestbrookGenealogy/

You might have to create a YAHOO email account to join the group though.

Steven

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 5:14AM GMT
Surnames: Westbrook
I do not have a Mary Davis listed as a spouse for Edward Ervin Westbrook (1886 - 1971)son of Wm Ervin & Sarah Elizabeth Goodnight Westbrook. As far I a know of Unlce Ed spent most if not all of his life in Milam County.

If you know when and where Edwin died, you may be able to obtain a copy of his death certificate listing the names of his parents as well as when and where he was born.

Sharon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions