Search for content in message boards

Descendants of CPT Thomas Carter

Descendants of CPT Thomas Carter

Michele Steve (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have the book Descendants of CPT Thomas Carter of Lancaster County Virginia. There are a few pages that I need information from and would be willing to pay for scans, copies or some time explaining content. I can't afford to purchase the complete CDROM set just now. :)

The pages/entries I'm interested in follow:
Presley 29, 30, 113, 124, 126, 165
Presley 113, 112, 115

I am hoping to find information confirming that this Presley is the Presley born in Franklin County, GA in 1800, brother to John Tillman Carter born 1795 and son of Thomas Carter (m. Sarah Cowthan, b. 1772 in Edgefield).

PLEASE contact me.
~Michele Steve
www.chele.org/family/family_tree_home.htm

Re: Descendants of CPT Thomas Carter

Posted: 18 Feb 2002 2:26AM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 2:16AM GMT
I have a copy of the above book. Send me your mailing add: and I will send the pages, 29,30,113,124,126,165,112,115 .

Posted: 17 Mar 2002 5:33AM GMT
I have just discovered that I am also a decendants of CPT Thomas Carter and I would like very much to obtain more information and history. Please let me know if I can get a copy of the book and would be more than happy to pay for a copy. Would appreciate any information you can give me.

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 5:11AM GMT
My grandmother is a Carter, descending from CPT Thomas Carter's line. Would also like to know how to obtain a book. Thank you for your response!

Posted: 2 Jun 2002 4:20PM GMT
please send copies of the mentioned pages. my father's name was paul caradine carter.. thanks much

Posted: 3 Jun 2002 4:36PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2002 3:05AM GMT
I, too, am a decendant: Peter; Jesse; Jesse; John; George; Chas. T. to me. I'm seeking brother of GEORGE: John W. & Kate M. (HANEY)(1852/55) married:Owensboro later to Lexington. Listed in Vol. 3 "Hstry. of Kentucky" child's: Charles V. (att'y.in Ashland (9/1876). Margaret C. (7/1878) Louise M. (4/1880) Nancy McKay (4/1882) John W. jr. (2/1898) Nancy(single-Louisville area) Other 2 girls married one to a CROWDER and the other to a NAVE don't know which one to whom. J.W. jr. in Army Signal Corps on Mexicican border prior to WW 1 Went into real estate & died in Flordia. No child. John W. became high offical in the faternal order of " The Knights of Pytheias" Has polt in Lexington Cem along with Nave baby. I'm tryingto locate family Bible. HELP???

Chas.T.CARTER (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2002 2:51PM GMT
Surnames: McKAY; HANEY; HARRISON; CROWDER; ELDER; FINNEGAN
6/3/2002 message posted w/o
"author" It twas me: Chas.T.
Email: AAHHAACTC@webtv.net
**** SEEKING FAMILY TIES ****
Cap't. Thomas;
Thomas jr.
Peter;
Peter;
Jesse;
Jesse jr.& Sarah ELDER
issue: 4 boys - 6 girls in
Lincoln Co. Kentucky
John 11/3/1827 " " " "
& Margaret FINNEGAN 5/3/1822
from Sliago,Ireland,marry
in Yazoo City,MS went to
Owensboro,KY had 6 child.
4 died as babies. 2 sons
survived: George L.(my GD)
& JOHN W.5/13/1852 married
Catherine (kate) HANEY
7/28/1855 Owensboro: She
daugh. of William & Maria
(McKAY). Wm. from Penn.she
from KTY. They had daugh.
Mrs.J.N.PARRISH in Flordia
J.W.& Kate had 5 children:
1.Charles V.9/1876
2.Margaret C.7/187
3.Louise M.4/1880
4.Nancy M.(mcKay) 4/1882
5.John W.jr.2/1898
**** Above R Those I Seek****
1.C.V.marry=Helen WATKINS had 2 children:Elizabeth T. and
Charles C. C.V. became an
att'y. in Ashland, Kentucky
2.M.C.marry= R.S.CROWDER
3.L.M.marry= John C.Harrison
had 2 daugh. Catherine C. &
Louise W. brn Ashland,KTY.
4.N.M. *spinster*Louisville*
5.J.W.jr.In Army Signal Corps
Mexican border & WW 1. was
a realtor * died in Flordia
Nancy M. was supposed to have had our Carter Family Bible..
THIS, I'M TRYING TO LOCATE !!
**** Can anyone HELP ? ****

tammy carter moore (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2002 12:28PM GMT
I saw your link to the carter clan and I am not sure if I am in the right one. My great-grandfather was Cicero T. Carter and his father was John Martin Carter and I have found links that say his father was John Tillman Carter born about 1795 or 1796 in Georgia. The way I got this information was to type in Cicero and went back as far as I could go with the Carter men and I have Sarah Cawthon on it and it goes back to Captin Thomas Carter and if this information is correct we may be related can you tell me some of the names you have and I will send you mine and see if we can compare notes on this Carter family I do know they came from Georgia to Arkansas and they are listed in the history of Craighead County books but they only go back to John Martin Carter but you can find the rest on Ancestry.com any information you can share I would like to have.

Thanks ,
Tammy Moore

Helen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2005 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: CARTER
Were you ever able to find your family Bible??? My Great Great Grandfather was LARKIN GATEWOOD CARTER, son of PETER CARTER. LARKIN'S Grandfather was a Private in the Virginia artillery. IF you have found the Bible, I was wondering if LARKIN GATEWOOD CARTER is mentioned in it. Thank you, Helen

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 5:03PM GMT
Surnames: Carter, Stephens, Starnes, Rodgers, Cothran
I just found that I'm a descendant of this line, if anyone has information about the family members of John Martin Carter, his wife Matilda C Stephens, John Tillman Carter, his wife Katherine/Catherine Starnes or any of their ancestors please send me a message. Thank You!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions