Search for content in message boards

Friedens Evangelical Church-St. Louis, Mo.

Friedens Evangelical Church-St. Louis, Mo.

Pat Moyer (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2005 2:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Wondering if anyone has a picture of the first church built in 1800's? If so could you please scan and email it to me. Thanks!

Re: Friedens Evangelical Church-St. Louis, Mo.

LaVerne (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2005 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: LINHARDT, OTTO, ZEITLER,
Pat,
Any chance you are related to the LINHARDT family?Supposedly my carpenter, cabinet maker great grandfahter Johann Wolfgang LINHRDT built that church and lost money on it.
The Centennial brochure of 1957 has a picture which I copied years ago at the Eden Archives in Webster Groves.
www.eden.edu/archives/edenarch.html. However it is a poor copy and I would suggest that you contact the archives and ask them for a copy.

If that doesn't work I'll try to scan my poor copy for you.

LaVerne

Pat Moyer (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2005 11:47PM GMT
LaVerne,
My families name was Michel. My GreatGrandfather was baptized there. Would really appreciate it if you would scan the copy you have! Thanks ever so much.

Pat

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2005 10:01PM GMT
Is this the first church? There are several catholic churches built in mid 1800's. Do you have a name or do you want to find that out?

Lisa

Posted: 10 Jul 2005 8:06PM GMT
I was reading the 50th ann. of friedens it metions a linhardt as a founding member if you want this article let me know and ill mail it to you. Kenny

Posted: 10 Jul 2005 8:08PM GMT
dont know if you ever got a copy of the first church but found one if you still need one Kenny

Pat Moyer (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2005 9:02PM GMT
Thank you I would appreciate that very much!

LaVerne (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2005 2:37AM GMT
Kenny, I would love to have that copy as the family has always said that my great grandfather J. W. Linhardt was a founding member of Friedens. They also said he built the church. I'll send you my address privately.I'll be happy to pay the postage, etc.

LaVerne (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2005 2:49AM GMT
Kenny, my message to your email address didn't fly. Can you send me a copy by attachment?
Many thanks, LaVerne

Posted: 5 Mar 2006 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: BUDKE,VETTE, PHELAN, WALSH
Kenny, saw your info about the old photo on Frieden's Evangelical Church. My great grandfather went to school at Kopf German School and they attended church there. Conrad Budke b. 1859-d. 1923 and his parents Gerhard & Johanna Budke (lived 4421 N. 20th St). I think Caroline Vette who married Conrad June 1880 at Frieden's was a member of church too, but can't find out more info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic