Search for content in message boards

Twelve Cameron Sisters

Twelve Cameron Sisters

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jun 2006 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Cameron, Weir, McCormick, Cuthbert, MacDonald
Are there any descendants of the following families still in the area of Alexandria? (Glengarry)
Ellen/ Ella/Nelly Cameron married John Ranald MacDonald (the Farmer.)
Mary Cameron who married John Cameron.
Catherine Cameron who married John Weir.
Sarah/Sally Cameron who married Robert McCormick.
Ann/Nancy Cameron who married Donald Alexander Cameron.
Margaret/Maggie Cameron who married John Cuthbert.
Flora Cameron who married Roderick (Rory) MacDougall.
Catherine/Kate Cameron who married Robert Hector McCormick.
Janet/Jennie Cameron who married Roderick (Rory) McDonald.

My grandmother was Isabella (Bella) Cameron who married Patrick O'Brien and lived in the States for many years.

You can e-mail me direct if you find a connection. I'll be more than pleased to hear from you.

Joan Keefe
rekeefe@aol.com

Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2002 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Cameron
Noticed your note about the 12 sisters. You are missing Mary and Annie. I am probably related to Robert McCormick as my Great Grand Mother was Oirig Harriet McCormick and married to Roderick Taylor MacDonald Lot 1 Lochiel 1. I have a book
called The McCormick's of Glengarry by Thelma McDonald (was a McCormick) and she still lives in Cornwall and is about 77 now. The book shows a picture of all 12 sisters with your Mrs. Patrick O'Brien in the front row. If there is anything I can help you with let me know.

Regards,

Tal MacDonald
Toronto

Catheron Cameron & John Weir

Jamie MacDonald (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
There is a book out called the "Weir Sept of Lochiel"
by George D. Weir.
It has the descendants of John Weir and Catherine Cameron.
Mary Margaret Weir is a granddaughter of John and Catherine
and she was married to my(2nd cousin 2x removed,Ronald Martin Emberg.Their descendants can be seen in my tree.See link below.
There are 15 pages on this couple(including some pictures)
and I believe there are still Emberg descendants in the area.

12 Sisters

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2006 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Cameron
Hello Tal,

I have two Harriet McCormicks, one was born 1866 in Lochiel, died 1956 in Quebec. Her parents were Robert McCormick and Sarah/Sally Cameron, my great aunt. I, also, have Harriet/Hattie McCormick born 1870 at McCormick's Post Office, her parents were Robert Hector McCormick and Catherine/Kate Cameron, another one of my great aunts. She married Edward Dever.

I'll be very happy to hear from you, maybe you can fill in some of the gaps.

You can e-mail me direct if you'd like.

Joan O'Brien Keefe
rekeefe@aol.com

Re: 12 Sisters

Posted: 28 Sep 2013 3:14PM GMT
Hi, Who was your pioneer mccormick? what ship was he on? I am trying to eliminate mccormicks from eigg that went to Quebec. My mccormicks were from grulin, eigg and went to cape Breton. Anyone able and willing to help me please email smcl345@verizon.net. I haven't been able to get a copy of the book. mccormicks from glengarry. susan maccormack mclaughlin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions