Newspaper look up please ,Obit GROSS

Newspaper look up please ,Obit GROSS

MarshaFenstermacher (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2002 2:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Harry Solomon GROSS
was born Oct 23, 1909 in Jackson Twn and died there on
Feb 24, 1993

Am also interested in a photo copy of his marriage license to Johanna Sophia Klopfenstein on March 16, 1939

I won't be back in your area until July 2003 so if someone is willing to help with family research until then it's very appreciated
Thank you Marsha Fenstermacher /Binkley
2nd Gr Grand daughter of Daniel Gross and Lydia Hardin
3rd Gr Grand daughter of Johann( John) Wesley Gross and Elizabeth Brentlinger
4th Gr Grand daughter of Johann Michael Gross and Anna Christina Klein

Information needed is from the line of brother to Johann Wesley, Nicholas Gross Sr's line

Re: Newspaper look up please ,Obit GROSS

Marsha & Dave Binkley (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2002 1:26PM GMT
Surnames: Gross, Mann, Elsass
At this time I only need the obituary of Solomon Gross and his wife
Although I am related to ALL of the GROSS family members in Jackson Center, Shelby Co.Ohio and in Auglaize Co., Ohio

Also related am a Runyon by birth on my mothers side
Also looking for 2 new obituaries

1- Lorena Mann/ Elsass who died May 6, 1989 in Shelby Co.Ohio
2- Raymond Mann who died June 9, 2001 also in

these would have been 3rd cousins to me even though we never met

Jodi (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2003 2:14PM GMT
Marsha,

I made a copy of the obit you are needing on Harry S. Gross. If you email me at jworthington@core.com I would happy to send that to you and also share information on the Gross side since Solomon Gross (1864-1953) is my husband's 2nd great grandpa. I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 19 Jan 2003 2:38PM GMT
Great I will email you later today. Church now..
You are talking about Solomon Gross and Lena A Sophia Brockman/ Gross correct??
He would have been my 2nd Cuz 3 times removed
Marsha

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2003 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Brockmann/Heuer/Rump
Does anyone know the parents of Lena or Magdalena Brockman Gross? I am wondering if she is related to my Brockmanns since her name is similiar to others found in my line. My great, great grandfather, Johann Fredrick (Fred) Brockmann was the son of Johann Gerhart (listed as Garrett in the 1880 census) Brockmann (b. 1836, d. 1903) and Sophie Heuer. Family legend has it that Johann Gerhart came to the U.S. from Hanover, Germany when he was six and that his father died on the trip over. His parents were Johann Brockmann and Catherine Rump.

By the way Marsha, I also connect with your Runyans through my Musser line. We corresponded on those lines a few years ago.

Thank you for any help.

Beth (Van Fossen) Lias
Beavercreek, Ohio

Posted: 23 Jan 2003 1:22AM GMT
With the name MUSSER, do you also connect with the Binkley family.
Christine Binkley married a MUSSER

Posted: 23 Jan 2003 1:23AM GMT
Beth you and I have emailed each other in the past.
I just had a different ISP

Posted: 23 Jan 2003 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2003 10:25PM GMT
No, sorry. No connection to Binkley that I'm aware of.

Beth

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2007 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: Gross, Kies, Dudley, Anglin, Sandlin
Solomon Gross was my great uncle. My g-grandparents were George and Magdelena Gross. They were first cousins, her maiden name was Gross. I met my great uncle when I was a very young child. I remember him as a tall thin white-haired man. He had very straight posture for an old man. My grandmother was Julia Gross Kies.
Posted: 31 Oct 2003 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2005 9:34PM GMT
think this is probably the same family? my connection is to Isaac Newton Shanely.....

don't get to Sidney more than about once a year... so afraid i'm not any help on the obit......

steve koons, dayton, ohio

Descendants of Nicholas Gross

Generation No. 1

1. NICHOLAS1 GROSS was born January 17, 1794 in Wimmenau, Alsace, France, and died December 12, 1862 in Auglaize Co, Ohio. He married CHRISTINE ELIZABETH KLOPFENSTEIN June 10, 1814 in Alsace Lorraine, France. She was born December 23, 1793 in Wingen Sur Moder, Alsace, France, and died June 10, 1877 in Auglaize Co, Ohio.

Children of NICHOLAS GROSS and CHRISTINE KLOPFENSTEIN are:
i. PHILIP CHRISTIAN2 GROSS.
ii. SOPHIE GROSS.
iii. JACOB GROSS.
iv. ELIZABETH GROSS.

Notes for ELIZABETH GROSS:
Elizabeth died in France at age 1 year.

v. CATHERINE GROSS.
vi. ELIZABETH GROSS.
2. vii. MICHAEL GROSS, b. November 16, 1816, Wingen Sur Moder, Alsace, France; d. March 19, 1859, Auglaize Co, Ohio.
3. viii. NICHOLAS GROSS, b. December 18, 1818.

Generation No. 2

2. MICHAEL2 GROSS (NICHOLAS1) was born November 16, 1816 in Wingen Sur Moder, Alsace, France, and died March 19, 1859 in Auglaize Co, Ohio. He married ELIZABETH LEININGER. She was born January 20, 1819 in Rothbach, Alsace, France, and died August 19, 1898 in Jackson Twp, Shelby Co, Ohio.

Children of MICHAEL GROSS and ELIZABETH LEININGER are:
i. PHILIP3 GROSS.
ii. MICHAEL GROSS.
iii. JACOB GROSS.
iv. SALOME GROSS.
v. GEORGE LOUISA GROSS.
vi. ELIZABETH GROSS.
vii. CAROLINA GROSS.
4. viii. LOUIS GROSS, b. January 10, 1844, Auglaize Co, Ohio; d. February 28, 1934.

3. NICHOLAS2 GROSS (NICHOLAS1) was born December 18, 1818. He married (1) CATHERINE RINEHART 1841. She was born in Germany, and died February 1869. He married (2) ELIZABETH LININGER June 18, 1869. She was born January 20, 1819 in Germany.

Notes for NICHOLAS GROSS:
From 1883 Sutton History of Shelby County; page 215:

NICHOLAS GROSS, son of Nicholas and Elizabeth Gross, was born in Germany, December 18, 1818. When he had attained the age of nine years, or in 1827, his parents emigrated to America, and located in Stark County, Ohio, where young Gross grew to manhood on a farm. In 1841 he married Miss Catharine Rinehart, a native of Germany. Soon after his marriage he moved to Auglaize County, Ohio, and settled on a farm four miles southeast of St. Johns in Clay Township, remained until 1850, when he came to Shelby County, and settled near Plattsville in Green Township, remained about two years, or until 1852, when he came to Jackson Township, purchased, and settled on the farm in section 33, on which he now resides. He has made farming his principal vocation through life, and now owns a farm of three hundred and seventy acres of good land in Jackson Township, on which he is conducting the business of farming with success, and is classed among the leading farmers in the county. He reared a family of eleven children, viz., Elizabeth, Christian, Abraham, Caroline, Sophia, Samuel, Magdalena, Sarah, Daniel, Catharine, and Solomon, all of whom are yet living except Abraham, who died in 1862. His son Christian served in the war of 1861. His companion died in February, 1869. On the 18th of June, 1869, he married Mrs. Elizabeth Gross 'nee Lininger, a native of Germany, where she was born January 20, 1819, with whom he is now living.

Children of NICHOLAS GROSS and CATHERINE RINEHART are:
i. ELIZABETH3 GROSS.
ii. CHRISTIAN GROSS.
iii. ABRAHAM GROSS.
iv. CAROLINE GROSS.
v. SOPHIA GROSS.
vi. SAMUEL GROSS.
vii. MAGDALENA GROSS.
viii. SARAH GROSS.
ix. DANIEL GROSS.
x. CATHARINE GROSS.
xi. SOLOMON GROSS.

Generation No. 3

4. LOUIS3 GROSS (MICHAEL2, NICHOLAS1) was born January 10, 1844 in Auglaize Co, Ohio, and died February 28, 1934. He married SOPHIA AMELIA GEYER. She was born 1846, and died October 09, 1897 in Bloomfield Twp, Logan Co, Ohio.

Children of LOUIS GROSS and SOPHIA GEYER are:
i. BERTHA GERTRUDE4 GROSS, b. April 21, 1862.
ii. CORA E. GROSS, b. 1879; d. 1969; m. ISAAC NEWTON SHANELY, January 01, 1907; b. August 16, 1879, Champaign Co, Ohio; d. August 03, 1948.

Notes for ISAAC NEWTON SHANELY:
Notes from Shirely Mae Holder list a child of Isaac and Barbara named Newton...
maybe this Isaac's middle name is Newton, since the initial is "N"?

More About ISAAC NEWTON SHANELY:
Burial: Rosedale Cemetery, Carysville, Ohio

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions