Search for content in message boards

McCulloch Family PA, WV, Ohio

McCulloch Family PA, WV, Ohio

Posted: 4 Jul 2007 2:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for anyone related to this family.Especially interested in Dr. William P. McCulloch family connections and John F., resided in Allegheny, Westmoreland, and Armstrong Counties in and around the Pittsburgh area. Also have heard of some family that moved to WV and Ohio areas, however I can not make connections for this side of the family decending from John. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Some early census information has the named spelled also McCullick, McCoullough, McCoullogh, McCollough

Descendants of John F McCulloch

Generation No. 1

1. JOHN F MCCULLOCH was born 1813 in Pennsylvania. He married ELLEN. She was born 1823 in Pennsylvania

Children of JOHN MCCULLOCH and ELLEN are:
i. FRANCIS XAVIER2 MCCULLOCH, b. Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA.
2. ii. LUCINDA MCCULLOCH, b. Mar 25, 1851, Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA.
iii. JOHN H MCCULLOCH, b. 1860, Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA; d. 1929.

3. iv. WILLIAM P MCCULLOCH, b. Dec 18, 1861, Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA; d. Sep 17, 1934, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA.
4. v. ELIZABETH BELLE "LIZZY BELLE" MCCULLOCH, b. 1870, Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA.
vi. HARRY K. MCCULLOCH, b. 1874, Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA; d. 1950.
vii. MARY MCCULLOCH, b. 1878, Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA.

Generation No. 2

2. LUCINDA MCCULLOCH (JOHN F1) was born Mar 25, 1851 in Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA. She married WILLIAM R. HAMILTON, son of ANDREW HAMILTON and MARIA YOUNG. He was born Apr 24, 1850 in PA, and died Aug 07, 1899 in Bethesda Cty.

Children of LUCINDA MCCULLOCH and WILLIAM HAMILTON are:
i. WILLIAM R. HAMILTON.
ii. ROBERT A. HAMILTON.
iii. MARGARET ISABEL HAMILTON, m. JACOB KEISEN.
iv. WILLIAM OBIDAH HAGINAKI HAMILTON, d. Puckety Cty.
v. LIZZIE BELLE HAMILTON
vi. JACOB A. HAMILTON
vii. WILLIAN S. HAMILTON
viii. BERTHA A. HAMILTON

3. WILLIAM P MCCULLOCH (JOHN F1) was born Dec 18, 1861 in Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA, and died Sep 17, 1934 in Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA. He married MARY BENEDICT MCKEAN Jun 16, 1897 in St. Mary's Church (Source: Allegheny County Courthouse Pittsburgh PA, 11502 Series C, Year 1897 11502 Series Cost of Marriage License 50 cents. William's occupation stated on the marriage license is Physician. he resides in Hermanville, PA. Mary reside at Ingleside PO, PA. Married by H McCullogh at St. Mary's Church.), daughter of JAMES MCKEAN and SOPHIA MAXLER. She was born 1872 in Westmoreland County, PA, and died Jun 18, 1950 in Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA.

Children of WILLIAM MCCULLOCH and MARY MCKEAN are:
i. 6 UNKNOWN MCCULLOCH.
5. ii. FRANCIS XAVIER MCCULLOCH, b. May 31, 1898; d. Apr 07, 1974, Aspinwall Veterans Hospital.
iii. CLEMINTINE MCCULLOCH, b. 1902.
iv. ELIZABETH A MCCULLOCH, b. 1903; d. Dec 04, 1929, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA.
v. CECELIA M MCCULLOCH, b. 1904; d. Feb 23, 1923, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA.
vi. LUCY MCCULLOCH, b. 1905, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA; d. Mar 1979, Canonsburg, Washington, Pennsylvania, United States of America
vii. RUTH MCCULLOCH
viii. WILLIAM P MCCULLOCH, b. 1909; d. 1947; m. MYRTLE UNKNOWN.

6. ix. COLETE HELEN MCCULLOCH, b. Jan 20, 1912, Cheswick, Westmoreland County PA; d. Sep 12, 1974, Smithfield Cemetery, Dallas Ave.,Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, PA.
x. JAMES T MCCULLOCH, b. May 10, 1910, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA; d. Oct 23, 1910, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA.
xi. MARY ELLEN MCCULLOCH, b. 1900, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA; d. Apr 22, 1917, Cheswick, Allegheny County, PA.

4. ELIZABETH BELLE "LIZZY BELLE"2 MCCULLOCH (JOHN F1) was born 1870 in Allegheny, Westmoreland County, PA. She married CHARLES FLEMM, son of JOHN FLEMM and MARGARET NAUGLE. He was born 1872, and died 1925 in Freeport Cemetery.

Child of ELIZABETH MCCULLOCH and CHARLES FLEMM is:
7. i. JOHN H. FLEMM, b. 1892.

Generation No. 3

5. FRANCIS XAVIER3 MCCULLOCH (WILLIAM P2, JOHN F1) was born May 31, 1898, and died Apr 07, 1974 in Aspinwall Veterans Hospital. He married THELMA MCGEE Jun 20, 1928. She was born Oct 04, 1903 in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, PA, and died Sep 30, 1995 in Wheeling, Ohio, West Virginia

6. COLETE HELEN MCCULLOCH (WILLIAM P2, JOHN F1) was born Jan 20, 1912 in Cheswick, Westmoreland County PA (Source: Marriage License.), and died Sep 12, 1974 in Smithfield Cemetery, Dallas Ave.,Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, PA

Re: McCulloch Family PA, WV, Ohio

Posted: 8 Dec 2010 11:26AM GMT
I sent you a message about two weeks ago, but have not heard back from you. The Dr. William P. McCulloch I mentioned in that message was a brother to John F., not his son. Their father was James, and I believe James was also the name of the younger James's father. I have the will of the younger James who does not include his name, but does mention his father in his will as still being alive. The 1830 census shows two different James McCullochs next door to each other. The elder one and his wife are both in the 80-89 age group.

The will of the younger James mentions wife, Margaret and children: William, John, Anna, James, Samuel, Thomas, Sarah, Joseph. The will was written 03 Aug 1831 and proved 19 Aug 1831. Witnesses were George Spiker (Speicher) and George Kline. Executors were wife, Margaret, and William W. Gibson.

I also have the will of J. F. McCulloch mentions wife, Ellen, and children: John F., Lucinda, Elizabeth, Mary and William P. The executor is William P., and witnesses were James L. McKean and Joseph S. Hawk.

I will be happy to send you copies of both wills if you want them, but I need an email or USPS mailing address. Hope some of this helps with your research.

Mary Lou Swank

Re: McCulloch Family PA, WV, Ohio

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 7:51PM GMT
I am also researching this family and have some info available. Please see my info in ancestry.com (Montague/McCurdy tree).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions