Search for content in message boards

Uptons in Kinta, Oklahoma

Uptons in Kinta, Oklahoma

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 3:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2004 10:23PM GMT
My Mom is related to the Uptons that lived in Kinta...and I am trying to get information about her Mother, Lottie Upton...father unknown...and her Grandmother (Lottie's mother) Belle Upton. She had Lottie as an unwed mother, so it has been hard to get information on them. Thanks, If you want to email me please use Firebrnd46@home.com as the e-mail address. Thanks, Again Brenda

Re: Uptons in Kinta, Oklahoma

mickey Upton (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2001 10:16PM GMT
Hi Uptons
My grandfather, Ed Upton lived in Salina, Ok and farmed on the Grand river. He sang and played banjo on some of the early radio stations around Tulsa and Ok city. He later moved to Little Rock, Arkansas where he worked as a street car conductor. My dad, Harley said our name used to be Uptain. He said our ancestors owned a company that made washing machines and later sold out to Maytag. They also made air rifles. Any connections?

Re: Uptons in Kinta, Oklahoma

Posted: 26 Dec 2001 3:55PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2002 4:30PM GMT
Hi Mickey,
Your info on your Upton family is somewhat "fractured". There was a branch of Uptons that changed their name to Uptain. but they were not related to your Uptons, who never used the name Uptain. There were also Uptons in the washing machine busines, they founded the company that later became Whirlpool (not Maytag). They were also from a totally different branch of Uptons. If you would like accurate information on your Upton family, contact me at pathill@netzero.com and I will send you the pages from the 2500 page "Upton Encyclopedia" CD which I publish.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions