Search for content in message boards

Joseph Barker b 1750 Delaware

Joseph Barker b 1750 Delaware

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 3:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2012 3:06AM GMT
FYI, the Joseph Barker b in Delaware who moved to Monongalia West Virginia and married Catherine Carpenter, is NOT the son of Joseph Barker and Anne White of Massachusettes. Their son Joseph was b 1744. Anne White was the great grand-daughter of the Mayflower Baby Peregrine White. I made the mistake when putting my husband family tree together to accept what was on other family trees. It was exciting for awhile to think he was related to the Whites. I haven't found this Joseph Barker's parents yet. If someone else has his actual parents I would love to have it.

Re: Joseph Barker b 1750 Delaware

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Barker
Can you tell me what evidence there is to support that? I am struggling in this area as well. Elizabeth Frye Barker cliams Joseph came from Deleware, but did not provide any evidence to back that up. Joseph supposedly had brought three sons with him to Monongalia, Joseph JR, James, and John. The Joseph born in MA had three sons as well.. Joseph Jr, James, and John. Is there any evidence to support the Deleware claim?

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 2:10AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2012 2:52AM GMT
I sent you a direct msg. Rather than trying to send all the info I sent you a msg to join my tree. I have both Joseph Barker b 1750 in Monongalia WV in there, and Joseph Barker b 1744 on a separate disconnected tree born in Mass to Joseph Barker and his wife Anne White, the great-granddaugher of the Mayflower Baby.

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 4:04AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2012 4:06AM GMT
FYI, I have found more about the Joseph Barker b 1744 in Mass. His wife was Ruth Fletcher and they had lot of kids. I just found her on a few family trees but instead of accepting it I did my own search and found their marriage certificate and a few other verifications. I have learned not to accept at face value what someone has on their tree or what they have added to the Ancestry data files.

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 2:11PM GMT
I too, like so many others, jumped on the Massachusettes bandwagon. I was so excited to think so much was already done, only to find out that isn't my line. I am from the Joseph Barker of Delaware. I am having a difficult time finding much information on them, because everything wants to take me back to Massachusettes. I would love any information that you might have on Joseph Barker, Sr. and/or his parents.
Kristi Barker Polston

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 6:26PM GMT
I am related to Joseph Barker (7th great grandfather) born Oct. 27, 1721 and died April 12, 1821, Achton Middlesex. MA. He was married to Ann White born 4-23-1724 and died 7-6-1804. His parents are John (Jr.) and Elizabeth Barker (Cousins.
They had Elias Barker who is also my (6th great grandfather) born 1740 and died 1805 married to Rachael Barker (cousins) and Loucretia Lovery. Joseph Barker Jr. who was married to Ann Fletcher. There where probaly other children this is all I have found.
Joseph Sr. lived to be 99 5 months and 15 days.
The Barker's I am related to are from Odessa Missouri Lafayette County. Was also know was Washington township.
My e-mail is jayarnold@att.net if you would like to compare information. This is so exciting to find others looking for my family too. Would love to see pictures if anyone has any. Thanks Brenda

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 12:29AM GMT
Brenda, be sure and look at Ann Whites parents and grandparents. I believe she is a direct descendent of Peregrin White, the Mayflower Baby.

I thought the Joseph Barker she married was one in my husband's family tree, but I'm pretty sure I was wrong.

Charlene

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 12:31PM GMT
Thank you I will make note of that information. It is very exciting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions