Search for content in message boards

Wood, PA, Conshohocken

Wood, PA, Conshohocken

Posted: 6 Sep 2001 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: WOOD
This family related to the Alan Wood Steel Co. I am looking for anyone connected to or researching this family. I have much to share, however, I still have missing pieces.

Re: Wood, PA, Conshohocken

Kelly McLean Tennant (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2003 11:54PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Hi, my name is Kelly McLean Tennant. Alan Wood was my Great Grandfather.My Granmother was Alberta Wood. Any information you have would be wonderful. I have alot of my own. My Uncle Crosby "Tob" McLean traced the entire Wood family to 1706.

Margo Pomeroy (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2003 2:23AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, warner
Hi Kelly,
I am so glad to meet you. I guess we are cousins. I am the great-great grand daughter of David L. Wood. He was the son of James Wood and Ann Warner Wood. I see that you are descended from David L's half brother Alan Wood and Ann Hunter Dewees. Your Uncle has taken me on a great journey to find my family roots. I found his genealogy at the Conshohocken Historical Society. I have many questions and much to share with you if you like. Some you can see on my little web site. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~mpom/
Only the bare bones as of yet but I keep working on it as I learn. Email me at minniemittens@aol.com.
Margo Jones Pomeroy

Posted: 5 Mar 2003 9:15PM GMT
Kelly,
Do you have a brother , James Mclean, from Ventura Co. , CA. I think that your family is in a genealogy I am working on.
Ande

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 2:30AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: McLean
I don't know of a James McLean in Ventura, California. However,my Grandfather Crosby Chamberlain McLean died in Ventura. Also, my Uncle died in Ventura.What information do you have? Let me know. Kelly

Posted: 6 Mar 2003 9:18PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: McLean
Thanks for responding . I am looking for a James Willard Mclean whose mother was Patricia Ann (??) Mclean. The family is all from Ventura. This is for a young woman I am the guardian of whose tree I have been doing.
Ande

Posted: 7 Mar 2003 12:14AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: McLean, Skorich
I am sorry..my Mother was Patricia Ann McLean. But, the only son she had was John Gregory Skorich. From a previous marriage. Good Luck! Kelly

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 2:25PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Hunter, Thomas, Davis, Conrad, Dawes
Hi.
I think my WOOD family is related to yours. Alan Wood Sr.s wife was Ann Hunter. Alan Sr's father was James Wood, married to Tacy Thomas. James's father was John Wood, married to Katherine Davis. John Wood was a brother to James Wood married to Rebecca Conrad?. This James (Jr) and the one prior, James, married to Katherine Dawes, are directly in my WOOD line.

Posted: 22 Jul 2008 9:07PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2008 1:09AM GMT
Surnames: WOOD, CONRAD
Yes we are related. I have Rebecca Conrad as wife to James brother to my John. I do not hve any further information on James and Rebeca however. I would love to have your lines to add in. I do have the earlier stuff though. Would you like to have it? I have some of the dates and also some other stuff like wills.

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 1:06AM GMT
Although we are not related..I knew John Wood, son of James Wood and his second wife, Ellen....I believe I have the deed to the graves at Montgomery Cemetery..was there years ago...Of all of James Woods children, John lived the longest 1890-1976-he had one full sister ...and quite a few 1/2 siblings from James' first marriage. Would love to share info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic