Search for content in message boards

Kapinos & Kos of Wampierzow/Wadowice, Chicopee, MA

Kapinos & Kos of Wampierzow/Wadowice, Chicopee, MA

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jun 2009 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Kapinos, Kos, Rudek
Hi everyone. I've hit a brick wall and was wondering if anyone was researching related lines.

My great great grandmother was Marya Kapinos, who immigrated to Chicopee, MA from Wampierzow, Galicia in 1911.
Her ship manifest says she is going to be joining her father Piotr Kapinos on Perkins Street in Chicopee, MA. Her contact at home was listed as her mother Apolonia Kapinos, in Wampierzow.

Marya's marriage record in 1916 to Michal Rudek says her parents were Piotr Kapinos and Apolonia Kos.

There are a couple of problems, firstly is that I can't find Piotr in Chicopee.

Another major problem is that the microfilmed records for Wampierzow/Wadowice from the LDS church doesn't reach the needed timeframe, they only go to 1870, before Marya was bor5n in 1894 and probably well before her parents' marriage.

If anyone can help with this family it'd be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

Re: Kapinos & Kos of Wampierzow/Wadowice, Chicopee, MA

Posted: 15 Jul 2009 12:18PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2009 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Rajca, Kapinos, Kapinas, Steklosa, Padkowa, Strychoz
I'm afraid I can't help you directly. However, I was looking at the immigration record of my great-aunt Maria Rajca on ellisisland.com. She arrived in 1921, age 17, Polish, coming from Wampirsow [Wampierzow], Poland, born Kosowo [Kosowka?]. Nearest relative in Poland was Uncle Andrew Kapinas in Wampirsow. She was going to New York City, to join {step)brother, Joseph Staklosa. Just before her entry are Padkowa, Vittoria, 20; Apolonia, 17, Stanislaw, 15; same place of origin, same relative (Uncle Andrew Kopinas), all born Wampirsow, going to Chicopee Falls, Mass. to join bro-in-law, Joseph Strychoz. I'm afriad I have no idea how they were all related, but Maria's parents (from her marriage record) were Joseph and Tessie (Steklosa) Rajca. Individual records may only be available from the USC (Civial Registry Office) in Warsaw.

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2011 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Kapinos, Strycharz, Wilk, Sliva
A friend sent me your post. My maiden name is Kapinos. My Grandfather, Joseph, was born in Wampierzow. Our nearest relative is Anthony, his brother, who never left Poland, and is probably deceased. Josephs mthers name was Catherine Strycharz. In America, Joseph married Mary Wilk, Who,s mother was Apolonia Sliva. Lots of similarities, here. Feel fre to contact me. I was born and raised in Chicopee.

Gayle

Posted: 12 Feb 2011 2:46AM GMT
Hi there Gayle. Please email me at Cmccr2003 @ aol.com without any spaces, and I'll try and see if we can find any similarities.

Re: Kapinos of Wampierzow/Wadowice, Chicopee, MA

Posted: 12 Feb 2011 3:40PM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2011 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: Kapinos
Wow! That was fast... Hope I can help you- LOTS of Kapinos' in Chicopee. I do know alot, and have original papers. My father is 89 and has loads of info, too. It's weird that Wampierzow is the place of birth of my grandfather, Joseph, and the emigration ending in Chicopee - like your story. It'll be fun to compare notes! I'll bet we're related down the line! What is your name? Gayleengle@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions