Search for content in message boards

Bennetts of Scioto Co., OH

Bennetts of Scioto Co., OH

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 2:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Mar 2004 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett Mollsee Mallasee Mollisee
I'm researching Charles Bennett and, in addition to seeking any information on this family, I am particularly interested in determining if there is a connection between Charles Bennett and Thaddeus Bennett and his son, Joseph Bennett, who arrived in Madison Township, Scioto Co., OH about 1814.
Information I have indicates that Charles Bennett, (b. abt. 1731; d. March 1818 in Madison Township) and his wife, Martha Collins (b. abt 1732; d. July 2, 1815 in Madison Township) were married September 11, 1753 in Baltimore, MD. They lived in the Berkeley Springs area of what is now WV and in Monongalia Co., VA (now WV) before coming to Scioto Co.
The children I have for them are as follows:
1. Priscilla Bennett (b. 1755) m. Abraham Carter.
2. Anne Bennett (b. 1756)
3. Catherine Bennett (b. 1758)
4. Robert Bennett (b. abt. 1759)
5. Nancy Bennett (b. abt 1760)
6. Jemima Bennett (b. abt. 1762) m. 1st Leonard Southworth; m. 2nd Joseph Jacobs
7. Charles Bennett, Jr. (b. abt. 1764)
8. John Thomas Bennett (b. 1766)
9. Caleb Bennett (b. 1768)
10. Thomas? Bennett (b. abt 1770)
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with information on this family. I have info to share on a few of Charles Bennett's descendants especially on his great granddaughter, Mary Bennett who married William Mollsee (Mollisee, Mallasee).

Re: Bennetts of Scioto Co., OH

Hervey Howell (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2003 2:27AM GMT
Thaddeus Bennett of Scioto had a nephew Charles (by his brother Ephraim), but this Charles migrated from NY to IL in 1849 and then to MO. Thaddeus' line came from Chemung Co. NY and Ridgefield CT. I doubt he was closely related to anyone from Baltimore.

emily (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2004 10:10PM GMT
do you have a mary bennett in your line who married a john andrews? she was born in scioto co oh but i don't know the year. john was born in 1861 and their son elmer was born in clifford scioto co oh in 1899.

Posted: 17 Sep 2004 1:37PM GMT
Surnames: BENNETT, MOLLSEE
Sorry, but the only Mary Bennett I have in my data base is Mary, b. abt. 1825 who married William P. Mollsee in Scioto Co. in 1850.

Thom Carlson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2005 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: BENNETT, MEAD
Ephraim Bennett of Scioto md. Rachel Mead, dtr. of Judah Mead, b. abt. 1812. Would you have details on their family?

Jean Lawson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2005 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett
I'm sorry, but I don't have any information on Ephraim Bennett.

Hervey Howell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2005 11:34PM GMT
My http://users.adelphia.net/~graveslane/bennetts.htm shows Rachel Mead marrying Ephraim (Bennett), with a note that this Ephraim was adopted by Joseph Bennett when he married the mother Elizabeth Mills. Joseph was the 7th child of Thaddeus Bennett and Eunice Bentley. Sorry I don't have the provenance of that. I found it on the Internet.

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 4:41PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett, Torbett, Meade
I'm looking for information on Thaddeus, b. 1760 in Warwick NY or Warwick RI, d. 1834 in Scioto Co., OH.

1) Does anyone know if married an Elizabeth Mead(e)? I am descended from Catherine Bennett b. abt 1806 in NY, m. John D Torbett. Any searches for her say that she was the dau. of this Thaddeus and Elizabeth Mead(e). The also names one of her sons Thaddeus Bennett Torbett.

2) I have seen a few sources which say that he was actually the son of Sam. Bennett III, not his grandson and son of Ephriam. Can anybody refute or confirm this?

Posted: 6 Jun 2010 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett
Have you checked sources in Allegany and Steuben counties in New York? Its been a while since I've researched the Bennetts in that area, but if I remember right, there are alos records referring to him in the Wellsburg Baptist church records on Joyce Tice's website.

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 7:32PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Bosworth, Mead
I have Rev. Thaddeus Bennett, Sr. married 3 times. Elizabeth Mead his 2nd wife was a widow. I don't know her maiden name. Thaddeus and Elizabeth had 5 children that I know of:
Ira, Thomas, Catherine (b.1810), Elizabeth Ann, and Jesse.
I got this information from a DAR record.

I'll try to locate it.
I have this online too. Look for http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cbrennan/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions