Search for content in message boards

FITZGERALD & MOORE

FITZGERALD & MOORE

Posted: 3 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Mar 2006 6:04AM GMT
Surnames: FITZGERALD, MOORE
Looking for information regarding Garrett Fitzgerald believed to be married to Jane Moore, possible daughter of John Moore. Both Moore and Fitzgerald living on Miry Creek. Living in Halifax 1750's & 60's.

Fitzgerald-Moore

Sadie Moore (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Fitzgerald, Parker
Responding to inquirey about Moores on Mirey Creek in Halifax Co VA. Do you know anything about the other children of this John Moore? Or a Moore that could have married a Parker female.

Fitzgerald, Hamlett

Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2002 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Fitzgerald, Hamlett
Patrick FITZGERALD lived on Mirey Creek in Halifax Co., VA and a William HAMLETT was taxed in his home. Was Garrett kin to Patrick? Later William Hamlett owned property next to Patrick Fitzgerald. Arlina

Re: FITZGERALD & MOORE

Posted: 22 Mar 2003 9:48PM GMT
What type of information are you looking for? I have three entries in particular concerning Garrett Fitzgerald. He made a transaction in 1773 where he sold 3 slaves to John Fitzgerald. He had land surveyed in 1764 on the line of John Moore. He also witnessed a land transaction in 1779. I have other information as well. I'd be interested in any info you have concerning the Fitzgeralds before 1776.

Posted: 23 Mar 2003 6:11PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2006 9:42PM GMT
Has anyone information on the Garret Fitzgerald who married Susannah Terry in 1811? Would like to have his parents and also children, if there were any.

Posted: 23 Mar 2003 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2004 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: McGriff, Payne
I am wondering if there is a connection between your line of Fitzgeralds and mine.

Here is the sketchy information that I have:

James (the Immigrant) b. 1700-1720 in Ireland, came to the US. May have finally settled in Pittsylvania, for that is where several of his children and grandchildren located.

This James and wife Mary ? had sons Edmund, Christopher, Patrick, Garrick (about whom I have no other information,) William and John.

I am descended from Edmund, whose son by wife Mildred Payne was my 3x grandfather, Reuben Fitzgerald. Reuben moved to Elmore County, AL in 1835 with wife Elizabeth McGriff.

Do you have your line back that far? Could there be a connection?

Posted: 23 Mar 2003 10:25PM GMT
If you are related to Edmund then definitely. I am related by william Fitzgerald m. Sarah Jones. the only link I've seen confirmed is through a Madaline Vaden Fitzgerald book that listed James as fighting in the French Indian War and receiving land in Amherst co. but I have not found the land warrant to confirm so I still suspect it.

I am willing to accept John is related to Edmund but I've seen no proof that Garrett, Chris, etc is. I have found innacurracies in the Nowlin Stone Genealogy which is the basis for many other genealogies of the families. If you have any sources that prove James to Edmund I would love to see them. right now, I'm trying to find all of the Fitzgeralds that were in Va before 1850 but I'm looking for proof of relations or immigration on each. I figure that it will make it easier if I can eliminate the people who aren't related. So far I've obtained info on several Fitzgeralds in Amelia, Halifax and Pittsylvania County.

If you have or need info then please write back soon.

GF

Posted: 15 Apr 2003 12:43AM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2003 11:56PM GMT
I have some Moore info. Have you received any further info on your John Moore or his ancestors or descendents? I have many entries in my data base for John Moore of Halifax, on Miry creek, but there are several John Mooores. It would help if you had some further info to separate them out.

Posted: 21 Oct 2006 11:14PM GMT
Gordon, I've been busy with my family and have lost track of you. I'm still trying to do my genealogy with my aunts and uncles. I would love to check with you on any new findings.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic