Search for content in message boards

Cain-SC>NC>KY>IL>MO

Cain-SC>NC>KY>IL>MO

Posted: 23 Apr 2000 8:32AM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2004 6:23AM GMT
Would like to trade information on George CAIN b.1780-1790 in NC married Elizabeth (possibly HUMPHRIES)b. c1805 in SC or NC.
Their children were:
Celia CAIN b.1820 in IL or MO m. John KING.
Sameul CAIN b.1822 in IL or MO.
John CAIN b.1825 m. Lucy HOLMAN
Milton CAIN b.1826 in MO.
William b. 1830 in MO.
George b. 1833 in MO. m. Armilda GROSS TILLOTSON.
Thank You
Shelley
bobbyway@brightok.net

George Cain

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 2:41PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 1:18AM GMT
SHELLEY,
WE ARE WORKING ON THE SAME FAMILY. YOU HAVE MORE CHILDREN, THAN WE HAVE. STOPPED WITH JOHN. CELIA STEELMAN CAIN, IS GIVEN AS MOTHER. OUR JOHN CAIN, BORN 1773, IN SURRY CO. NORTH CAROLINA. OLDER BROTHER BENJAMIN BORN 1770. THE SPACE IN AGE OF CHILDREN, MAYBE SHE HAD MORE THAN ONE CAIN HUSBAND. RUTH WAS BORN 1775. CATHERINE WAS BORN AFTER GEORGE. WE HAVE A MAP, THAT SHOWS GEORGE AND ELIZABETH CAIN IN MACON CO. MISSOURI 1836 TO 1840. JOHN CAIN, GEORGE CAIN'S SON WAS THERE 1848-1850. THEY WERE HUNTERS AND FISHERMEN AND ROVED UP AND DOWN THE CREEK. BELIEVE CELIA IS BURRIED IN HOWARD CO. MO. ALONG WITH OUR JOHN'S SECOND WIFE, ONEY GENTRY CAIN, MARRIED IN MADISON CO. KENTUCKY. OUR JOHN MARRIED EMILY HILL IN 1825, IN CHARITON CO. MISSOURI. HE HAD 16 CHILDREN. HIS FIRST WIFE WAS RUTH BLYTHE, HAD SON JAMES. JAMES WAS THE SECOND KNOWN ANCESTOR FOR THIS GROUP. WE REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER INFORMATION ON GEORGE.STILL SEARCHING FOR NAME OF HUSBAND OR HUSBANDS OF CELIA. BE GLAD TO SHARE ANY INFORMATION WE HAVE. MY MAILING ADDRESS IS JAUNITA CAIN, 512 W. 6 TH ST., CARROLLTON, MO. 64633.. WE DO HAVE INFO ON SEVERAL CAINS DOWN THE LINE, BUT NOT ON GEORGE.

George Cain

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 2:55PM GMT
Juanita,
Please email me at bobbyway@brightok.net.
Thanks
Shelley

John Cain

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 3:14PM GMT
Juanita,
Some of your information matches mine. I am confused on your John Cain. Are you talking about two different John Cain's in your message? What are their dates of birth? I don't think that my John Cain is the same as yours. My John Cain was born 7/18/1825 and died in TX in 1902. He married Lucy Holman in MO.
Please email me at bobbyway@brightok.net and maybe we can straighten this out.
Thanks,
Shelley

John brother of George

Posted: 30 Apr 2000 12:13PM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 1:18AM GMT
DO YOU KN0W WHO THE FATHER OF GEORGE CAIN WAS? GEORGE WAS THE BROTHER OR HALF BROTHER OF OUR JOHN CAIN, BORN 1773 in NORTH CAROLINA. IF I HAD YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, I WOULD SEND THE INFO. WE HAVE FOR YOUR COMPARISON. WE ARE MOST INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT THE NAME OF GEORGE'S FATHER. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT CELIA STEELMAN MARRIED A CAIN WITH PREVIOUS CHILDREN, THEN LATER MARRIED ANOTHER CAIN SPOUSE. WE DO NOT HAVE THE NAME OF EITHER OF HER HUSBANDS OR WHERE SHE WAS BETWEEN THE TIME THAT JOHN WAS BORN AND WHEN GEORGE WAS BORN.

George Cain

Posted: 30 Apr 2000 5:43PM GMT
Jaunita,
I do not know who George Cain's father was.
I will be putting a letter in the mail for you tomorrow.
Shelley
bobbyway@brightok.net

alonzo cain

steve cain (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2000 7:00PM GMT
looking fo info on alonzo reviere cain who would have been born in the late 1870's or 80's

Alonzo Cain

Posted: 5 May 2000 11:53AM GMT
Sorry Steve - I have no Alonzo in my Cain line at this time.
Shelley
bobbyway@brightok.net

Alonzo Cain

Peggy Villanueva (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 1:31PM GMT
Shelley and I are working on the same Cain line being descended from George Cain and Armilda Groce from Macon/Chariton Cos in MO.
Where is your Alonzo from?
Peggy

Re: Alonzo Reviere Cain

Posted: 13 Oct 2002 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cain, Reviere/Revere/Riviere/Reveer
This is a guess based on other posts and family ties, but the above may be the son of Joseph A. Cain and Adeline Eliza Reviere who married on Jan. 2, 1868 in Jackson Co., Florida.

It appears that Joseph and Adeline/Eliza had sons Thomas Ruffin and John Marvin Cain. The time of birth you mention would parallel theirs and follow the marriage.

Adeline Eliza was the daughter of Arm(i)stead and Nancy Louise Freeman Reviere of Marianna, Jackson Co. Armstead was the son of Henry Lawson and Mary Wetherly Reviere/Riviere/Revere, originally of Lancaster Co., VA. They were later pioneers of Alabama and North Florida.

We descend from a collateral Reviere/Revier/Riviere/Revere (+ other spellings) line, i.e. Zenobia Magnolia, a sister of Armstead's.

Can you tie Alonzo in? If so, would you pls provide info on his marriage, dates/places, and subsequent generations for our Reviere research?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic