Search for content in message boards

Mary Jane Lane of Ohio

Mary Jane Lane of Ohio

Posted: 29 Feb 2000 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 28 Nov 2005 11:36PM GMT
I am searching for parental lineage and birth location info on the following individual:

Mary Jane LANE
dob=abt 1857 somewhere in Ohio
dod=abt 1882 in Joplin, Jasper Co., Mo.
buried in the Peace Cemetery in Joplin

married on August 21, 1876 in Columbus, Bartholomew Co., Indiana to:

William H. YOUNG
dob=April 01, 1847 in Columbus, Bartholomew Co., Indiana
dod=January 1884 in a mine disaster in Gunnison, Colorado

Any parental lineage and or birth location information on Mary Jane would be MOST appreciated. Thanks
Posted: 27 Mar 2000 3:12PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:28AM GMT
my grandfather was born in Finley Ohio about this time and I know he had sisters and brothers, his name was Walter finley Lane. It is possible that she was also born in finley Ohio Barbara(lane ) gordon yaya@lightspeed.net

Re......Mary Jane Lane of Ohio

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 3:50PM GMT
Barbara, thanks much for your response to my query. Do you happen to know the names of Walter Finley Lane's siblings? That might give us a clue as to whether or not Mary Jane came from Finley, Ohio. Thanks
Posted: 27 Mar 2000 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:28AM GMT
no i'm sorry I don't no one seemed to talk about grandpas side of the family altho It seems to me he had a sister Lena I Have one uncle left and I will try and ask him if he knows any of his uncles or aunts on his fathers side might take a while thanks for the response

Re.....Mary Jane Lane of Ohio

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 8:39PM GMT
Barbara, thanks alot--I have run into one dead end after the other on Mary Jane Lane's birth location in Ohio. I do know that she was born in Ohio, but cannot get the exact location, so am going to have to probably depend upon someone recognizing her name with a family grouping of children. I most sincerely appreciate your help. Thanks again!

Mary Lane - Ohio

Posted: 8 Apr 2000 9:13AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2004 4:59AM GMT
Jon, I have a very bad copy of a census page for Wayne Tnsp. Bartholomew Co. Indiana. The census year was 1870. The oldest daughter of George and Hannah Lane was 13 years old, unable to read name. The report says she was born in Ohio. Other information I have states George nd Hannah were married in Muskingum Co. Ohio.

Re.....Lane's of Bartholowmew Co., Indiana

Posted: 8 Apr 2000 3:07PM GMT
George, I think that you may have just found my Mary Jane Lane on that census, if we could just read it! Mary Jane was born in 1857 somewhere in Ohio, and that matches with the 13 year old you have found. Also, Mary Jane Lane married in Bartholomew Co., Indiana. She married Will Young in 1876 in Columbus, Indiana. Believe now you have possibly given me her county of birth in Ohio as well. Somehow, I just need to confirm this. Can you read the names of the other children on the census? If it is easier for you to email me direct, I would most certainly appreciate it. My email address is:

mwok50@aol.com

Thanks very very very much!

Mary J Lane

Posted: 25 Apr 2000 8:18AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 1:43PM GMT
I have a Mary Ja Lane in French Lich, Indiana 1850 C the daughter of Thomas Lane and she was 3. Could she be the right age?

Re...........Mary J. Lane of French Lich, Indiana

Posted: 25 Apr 2000 4:40PM GMT
Rose, thanks much for your response to my query. My Mary Jane Lane was born in 1857 somewhere in Ohio. It appears then that this might be somewhat before her time if the census was in 1850 in Indiana. Thanks much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic