Search for content in message boards

Dalbeth Cemetery, Tollcross, Glasgow

Dalbeth Cemetery, Tollcross, Glasgow

Posted: 29 Jan 2008 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farrell, Flood, Devlin
Hi Everyone,

I am searching for any information on Dalbeth Cemetery in Glasgow. I would like to find any history on this cemetery and possibly get a pic or info on a certain grave.

Peter Farrell buried at Dalbeth Died 14 Apr 1886 in Anderston, Glasgow. Crypt #108 , single layer , east end. Certificate # 673 . Date of Puchase ( 13 Jun 1863 ) by William Gilmour, superintendent of cemetery.

Peter Farrell's mother died in 1861 and I think she might be buried in this cemetery also, and maybe that is why he purchased a plot for himself before his death. His mother was Ann Flood , formally Farrell, nee Devlin. Ann Devlin married a Patrick Farrell after he died she got married to a Luke Flood. I really don't know which name would be on her tomb ?

If anyone could posssibly help with this search, please let me know.

Re: Dalbeth Cemetery, Tollcross, Glasgow

Posted: 27 Feb 2008 5:01AM GMT
I am not sure about your spelling. I know there is a DALKEITH cemetery in Midlothian Scotland.
If you need information conecerning this cemetery contact local.studies@midlothian.gov.uk
They are very helpful

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 11:24PM GMT
The cemetery you asked about is Dalbeth Cemetery, it is on London Road, near Tollcross, there is also another cemetery adjoining Dalbeth which is called St Peter's this is the catholic cemetery do you know for sure which one the graves are in?

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 11:45PM GMT
Hi ,

Thanks for replying to this post. Since making this post I have found alot of information about this cemetery .

The cemetery that I have family members in is Old Dalbeth Cemetery . I have found through another family member the actual cemetery records that states that they are in fact buried there.

Unfortunately , this cemetery at the present time isn't open to the public. It had become overgrown from lack of care . I think alot of the graves have been lost because of this . I am hoping after they clean the cemetery up that i will finally be able to locate the graves .

Again, thank you for replying .

Megan

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 10:36PM GMT
You're welcome, hope you find the graves you are looking for.

Marilyn

Posted: 24 Sep 2009 8:19PM GMT
Thought you might like to see this.

Photos of Old Dalbeth Cemetery

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=25d008a2d...

Posted: 24 Sep 2009 9:30PM GMT
Hi,

Thanks for replying to this query, since making this post I have found alot of information.

The link that you sent on the cemetery, the photos were taken by my cousin who lives in Scotland and has helped me out alot on our Farrell family.

Thanks,
Megan

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 3:23PM GMT
I live near Dalbeth if you want photos..

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: Opray; Dawson, Hendry;
I'm hoping you might have gotten a website/or email address that one can use to research their family member that is buried in Dalbeth Cemetery. I just found that I have 3 family members buried there. Any help you could give me on researching information on a family member at Delbeth Cemetery since I live in the USA>

Many thanks.

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 3:02PM GMT
I couldn`t help myself I know I might be a bit forward,but if you are going to Dalbeth is there any chance that you could possibly take a photo of my Grandfathers grave. He is in lair number 972 Sect 17 Div W his name is Thomas Gibb died in 1947. I have never met him and it would be something to see his grave if it is still there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions