Search for content in message boards

ancestry

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 1:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I,m related on both sides to the Hatfield and McCoys by my grandmother Nora Prudence McCoy and Edna Evelyn Spinks(Hatfield),can anyone help me with my family tree on either side? thanks in advance! Dana M. Holcomb, dmholcomb@gmail.com

Re: ancestry

Posted: 18 Jul 2009 8:08PM GMT
Dana,
You are to blut (dull) with your query pertaining to finding information about your grandmothers. My suggestion would be to give out as much information you might have to help fellow researchers (like myself) gather clues and data for you. I might add that I am a descendant of both the Hatfield's and McCoy's, as my gg grandfather was a Hatfield and my gg Grandmother was a McCoy. I would love to assist you, but you need to add more information long before I can help you further. Can you give me the dates of birth, marriage, death? Who did they marry? Did they have children? Where did your grandmother's live? That is the key questions in genealogy and use the questions we learned in school: WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY, HOW.
Posted: 25 Jul 2009 5:45PM GMT
My name is Darlene (Perkins) Lyles and I also am trying to trace my family tree. I have always been told that I am related to "Devil" Anse Hatfield, but am not sure how. My father was Paul Pearlie Perkins, his mother was Effie(Edwards) Perkins. Her mother was Susie Hatfield, father John Edwards. I have run into a roadblock from here. I'm not sure who was Susie Hatfields father & mother. If you can give me any information I would appreciate it. I await your reply. Thanx

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Hatfield
Hello My name is Shelby Gist formly a Smith. I am looking for any info I can get on Gevena Hatfield Smith. She was married to David Omer Smith and they had several children together. My father Steven Louis Smith could only tell me her first and last name and also said something about the Hatfield/McCoy fueds. I am trying to get info on Geneva to do a family tree for my children and myself. I don't know anything else about her please help if you can. Shelby
email:shelbysmith1975@yahoo.com

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: Hatfield/Edwards
Were you ever able to find out anything is your search for Susie Hatfield Edwards? I am also a descendent of her and John Edwards through their son Joseph. I am just starting this search and was told a long time ago by my grandfather, Oscar Edwards (Joe's son) that his grandmother was Susie Hatfield of THE Hatfields and McCoys.
Posted: 21 Oct 2012 6:54PM GMT
My grandmother was Effie Perkins-edwards-hatfield. All my life I remember the name Devil Anse Hatfield from my grandmother as her uncle. Also, all my life I thought my grandmother was primarily of indian descent and not sure when that all comes in. Please let me know if you have any further information. Good luck ancestory hunting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions