Search for content in message boards

Researching HALKE & McTOLDRIDGE Surnames

Researching HALKE & McTOLDRIDGE Surnames

Posted: 27 Aug 2002 1:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Aug 2005 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: Halke, McToldridge
Interested in contacting anyone with any connection however slight, to the family name Halke or McToldridge.

Connection to HALKE Surname

Liz Guy-Halke (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2002 12:45AM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2003 3:47AM GMT
Surnames: Halke
As you can see my surname is Halke. What is it that you are looking for?

Interest in HALKE of Kent & Wales

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 1:21AM GMT
Hello,
I am researching my family history. My mother was a Halke and so far I have discovered that just about every Halke I have come across so far is related in some way. Can you give me any details of names and dates etc for your branch of the family so I can see if there is a connection. My branch came from Kent originally but one of the great uncles, Alfred Halke, went to live in Wales. Perhaps this is where your line comes from??
Would love to hear from you.
Jan Baillie
around about 1890.

Also Researching HALKE in Kent

Liz Guy-Halke (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2002 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2003 3:47AM GMT
My father is a Halke and originates from Kent, his brother passed away a few months ago leaving no offspring. I have a brother who has one daughter who live in Kent. I would love to know more about the Halke family perhaps you would share your information with me and I can pass it on to my brother. My father is in his 80's and has suffered from a couple of serious strokes but when he is having a good day I can tell him all about it and perhaps fill in any gaps you may have if it is the same family.

Sharing HALKE Surname Info

Posted: 6 Dec 2002 10:43AM GMT
Liz, Would love to send you all that I have. Perhaps together we will be able to fill in a few gaps. Please either send me your email so I can contact you direct, or alternatively, your snail mail address. My mother was one of five daughters, so there is no one to carry on the name in our family. Cant wait to hear from you again. Jan

Re: Researching HALKE & McTOLDRIDGE Surnames

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 2:01PM GMT
Browsing site, I came across a William Popkiss McToldridge, son of William (b 1798) and Elizabeth Popkiss (b1796) who was born c.1829. In 1869 he married my great, great grandmother, Ann Denham (a widow) in Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire. He was a boardmaker from Dover, Kent and presumably found work at the local paper mills around about. Ann already had two children, William and Mary (my great grandmother) and they had another William in 1869. William Popkiss McToldridge died in 1887. His son, also with middle name of Popkiss, married Alice Ada Lavell in 1890 and on the 1891 census, Ann was living with son William and daughter-in-law Alice at Hollands Row, Boundary Road, Wooburn Green (Bucks) which is the same house, or next door to where my mother was born in 1931! I have no later information on William and Alice.

Hope this is of interest to you.....

Re: Interest in HALKE of Kent & Wales

Posted: 15 May 2005 6:52PM GMT
Hi, I am also researching the Halkes. My 2nd great grand uncle was an Alfred Halke who moved to Cardiff between 1881 and 1891. My grandmother was one of the Dover Halkes.
I am trying to find out all I can about the Halke family.

Liz (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2005 12:49AM GMT
I received your message about researching the Halke family. My side of the Halke's come from Dover too. How much have you got so far and have you contacted Anne who is also on here and is doing research?

Posted: 15 Jun 2005 3:32AM GMT
Anne, Sorry about the delay in replying but I have just got back from Thailand. Please contact me at janbaillie49@hotmail.com and let me know what info you have and I will hopefully be able to fill in some gaps.Look forward to hearing from you, Jan

Posted: 15 Jun 2005 3:43PM GMT
Hi Liz, My greatgreat grandparents were William Halke and Ann Spicer. From them, my line goes through John Halke to John James Halke and then to my grandmother Maud Mary Halke. They were all born in or near Dover. I have become fascinated by the Halke family and am trying to find out as much as possible. Anne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic