Jan: your Geraldine Elizabeth CREASY is my third cousin. I was born on near Nuremberg, just south east of Rock Glen.
Below is what I have for you ancestors (the source notes did NOT copy in). Send me an Email LARYCROL@AOL.COM
for a better file. Glad to share all I have with you.
1. Geraldine Elizabeth CREASY, born 9 Mar 1925 in Mountain Grove, Luzerne Co. Pa., baptized 23 Jan 1928.
She married Marvin Van LOON.
2. Wilmont J. CREASY, born 30-Oct-1898, died __-Apr-1975 in Bloomsburg, Columbia County Pa., buried: in Mountain Grove cemetery. He married Carrie Blanche SMITH.
3. Carrie Blanche SMITH, born 22 Sep 1898 in Rock Glen, Pennsylvania, baptized 7 Oct 1900, died 1985, buried: in Mountain Grove cemetery.
lives in Mountain Grove. per 1969.
6. Gilbert M. SMITH, born 2-Nov-1873, died 1946, buried: in Trinity Lutheran, Mountain Grove, Pa. He married Elizabeth "Lizzie" MILLER, married abt 1897.
7. Elizabeth "Lizzie" MILLER, born __ Nov 1877 in Columbia County, Pa., , died ---Jul-1972, buried: in Trinity Lutheran, Mountain Grove, Pa.
lives in Rock Glen per 1936.
Great Grand Parents
12. Charles SMITH, born 14-Jul-1845 in Black Creek twsp. Luz.Co. Pa., occupation farmer, Justice of Peace, died 26-Jan-1917, buried: in Mountain Grove cemetery.
1st elected to J.P. in 1892 (5 year term), then re-elected for 5 more terms!
J.P., living next to son Gilbert in 1910.
He married Sarah CROLL, married abt 1869. ,
13. Sarah CROLL, born 18-Aug-1849, died 4-Sep-1902, buried: in Mountain Grove cemetery.
6 children, 4 still living per 1900.
14. Franklin MILLER, born abt 1848. ,
age 2 in 1850 Beaver twsp. census.
He married Elizabeth "Eliza" SHERMAN, married ?.
15. Elizabeth "Eliza" SHERMAN, born abt 1852 in Pennsylvania.
both parents born in Penna.
likely the Eliza Miller died 10/20/1911 age 59.4.20 ( born30 May 1852) St.Pauls. Cemetery book pg 160.
Great Great Grand Parents
24. Michael SMITH, born 31 Aug 1798 in Heidelberg Twsp. Northampton (now Lehigh) Co. Pa., occupation shoemaker, farmer, died 17 Nov 1874 in Black Creek twsp. Luz.Co. Pa., buried: in Mountain Grove cemetery.
settled in Black Creek township in 1819.
He married Anna "Maria" RUPERT, married 1819.
25. Anna "Maria" RUPERT, born 1801 in Schuylkill Co. Pa. (?), died 1865, buried: in Mountain Grove cemetery.
26. Henry CROLL, born 30-Dec-1815 in Briar Creek twsp. Columbia Co. Pa., occupation Innkeeper,J.P.,Farmer, died 21-Aug-1895 in Luzerne Co. Pa., buried: in Mountain Grove, Luzerne Co. Pa.
farmer per 1850 Nescopeck twsp. census;
seen as Henry Crull "farmer" in 1860 Black Creek twsp.census. Hotelkeeper per 1870
was living in North Union twsp. per 1880 census (as "Krull") ;
was living in East Union twsp. (Brandonville?) per 1890 census (as "Crall")
died at age 79 yrs,7mon,22days.
He married (1) Judith BROSIUS, married bef 1839 in Nescopeck/Mifflinville area, Pa., born 17 Aug 1819, baptized 24 Oct 1819 in Klinger's Church, Dauphin Co. Pa., died 7-May-1870 in Rock Glen, Pennsylvania, buried: in Mountain Grove, Luzerne Co. Pa.
He married (2) Catherine SHUMAN, married bef. 11/4/1870 in Rock Glen (?) Pa., born 10-May-1838, died 21-Mar-1917, buried: in Mountain Grove, Luzerne Co. Pa.
27. Judith BROSIUS, born 17 Aug 1819, baptized 24 Oct 1819 in Klinger's Church, Dauphin Co. Pa., died 7-May-1870 in Rock Glen, Pennsylvania, buried: in Mountain Grove, Luzerne Co. Pa.
died of "Heart Palpitations" (see 1870 death records)
tombstone lists age age as 50 years,8 months,20 days yeilds 8/17/1819 for birth
28. Thomas MILLER, born 30-Jun-1821, died 17-Dec-1896, buried: in St. Peter's (Harger's) Beaver Valley.
both parents born in Penna.
age 30 "collier" in 1850 Beaver twsp. census.
He married Elizabeth ERVINE.
29. Elizabeth ERVINE, born 30 Jan 1828 in Pennsylvania, died 10 May 1888, buried: in Harger's cemetery.
age 23 in 1850 Beaver twsp. census
her mother "Barbara Ervine age 83" is living with them in 1880 Beaver census.
30. Peter (Shearman) SHERMAN, born 20 Feb 1811, occupation laborer, farmer, died 20 Dec 1884, buried: in Harger's cemetery.
1870 Beaver twsp census says his father was foreign born
1880 beaver census has him as age 68 both parents born in Penna.
He married Elizabeth _____.
31. Elizabeth _____, born 1814.
1880 Beaver census has her as age 60, both parents born in Penna.
3rd Great Grand Parents
48. Michael Christian SMITH, born 31-Dec-1769 in Heidelberg Twsp. Northampton (now Lehigh) Co. Pa., baptized in Heidelberg church, died 13 Mar 1844, buried: in Heidelberg church.
of Lehigh County.
He married Maria Barbara WEHR.
49. Maria Barbara WEHR, born 9 Apr 1776 in Heidelberg Twsp. Northampton (now Lehigh) Co. Pa., baptized in Heidelberg church, died 27 May 1832, buried: in Heidelberg church.
50. Charles RUPERT, born 11-Feb-1770, died 5-May-1827 in Black Creek twsp. Luz.Co. Pa., buried: in Mountain Grove cemetery. He married Catherine _____.
51. Catherine _____, born ?.
52. Adam CROLL, born abt 29 Jun 1781 in Baltimore Co., Maryland (?), occupation Farmer, died 28-Jan-1848 in Mifflinville, Pa., buried: in Mifflinville cemetery. He married Sarah PETTIT, married bef 1805 in Columbia County, Pa.
53. Sarah PETTIT, born 6-Feb-1784 in New Jersey, died 3-Sep-1863 in Mifflinville, Pa., buried: in Mifflinville cemetery.
had (sister) Mary Smith age 60 (also born New Jersey) living with her per 1850 Mifflin twsp. census.
54. George BROSIUS, born 21 Aug 1791 in Upper Mahoney Twp, Northumberland Pa., , , died 10 Aug 1833.
died when he was kicked in the head by a horse[Sunbury Gazette obit]
seen in father's will as "deceased" and as leaving 10 children (4th child named in father's will)
) has death date as 10/28/1833.
He married Juliana THOMAS, married ?.
55. Juliana THOMAS, born bef 1795.
after husband George died, she remarried and moved to Jo Davis Co Ind.in 1844.
Jo ( email@example.com
) has that George married "Juliana Kehler in December 1810, in Northumberland, PA."
58. George (Arewine) ERVIN, born abt 1801, occupation Farmer.
the "George Arewine" age 54 born New York seen with wife Barbara age 51 born Penna seen with sons Nathan 19, David 16, and Levi 10 per 1850 Beaver twsp. census.
He married Barbara _____.
59. Barbara _____, born abt 1802.
4th Great Grand Parents
104. John Henry CROLL, born 26-Feb-1751 in York, York Co. Pa., occupation Carpenter,Saddler,Farmer, died aft 1820 in Mifflinville (?) Columbia Co. Pa. He married Elizabeth KLEIN, married bef 1773 in Montgomery Co. Pa. (?).
105. Elizabeth KLEIN, born 13-Jan-1752 in New Hanover, Mont. Co. Pa., baptized 18-May-1752 in New Hanover Lutheran church, died aft 1820 in Mifflinville (?) Columbia Co. Pa.
bapt. sponser: grandmother Clara Schoeffer (?).
106. _____ PETTIT, born in New Jersey ?.
Andrew Pettit (68) born New Jersey, living in Sugarloaf
Twsp. Luz Co. per 1850 is likely another son!.
He married unknown.
108. Abraham BROSIUS, born abt 1761, died bef 11 Jan 1844 in Upper Mahoney Twp, Northumberland Pa.. ,
his will signed Jan 1839 mentions "my dear wife Catharina" (second wife? or incorrect death date on Maria Catarina Schneider ?
He married Maria Catarina SCHNEIDER.
109. Maria Catarina SCHNEIDER, born abt 1767 in Altolhoe, Berks, PA, , died 1816.
5th Great Grand Parents
208. John Christian CROLL, born 1707 in Ringersahn,Waldeck,Germany, occupation Innkeeper,Storekeeper, died 20-Aug-1758 in York, York Co. Pa.
There were TWO Christian Crolls living in SE Penna. before 1735. Ours may be the "Jn.Christ.Croll" who came to Pennsylvania on Aug 19th 1729 on the ship "Mortonhouse" (some doubt here, this Christian is NOT currently believed to be the brother of the Ulrick Croll who was on the same ship). Or, he may be the "Johan Christ. Krolf" who landed in Philadelphia on Sept. 15th 1729
He married Maria Elizabeth KUERCHER, married abt 1733 in Pennsylvania.
209. Maria Elizabeth KUERCHER, born bef. 1715 in Pennsylvania, died aft 1764.
210. John (Johannes) KLEIN, born bef 1735, died Nov-1792 in Upper Salford, Mont. Co. Pa. (?).
his will gives 1/3 of his estate to daughter Elizabeth, wife of Henry Croll.
He married (1) unknown.
He married (2) Anna "Margareth" SCHOFFER, born bef 1736.
211. Anna "Margareth" SCHOFFER, born bef 1736.
(was John'second wife!).
216. Johan Nicholas (Jacob?) BROSIUS, born 1731, died 1794 in Upper Mahoney Twp, Northumberland Pa.
per Larry Smith E-mail 7/1/99 also had son John & daus Anna Eliz, & Maria Eliz Maria Magdalena (wife of Andreas Reitz) also likely his daughter! Elizabeth (wife of Gerorge Klinger) another likely daughter!.
He married Anna "Barbara" SCHAEFFER, married 19 Apr 1752 in Berks Co. Pa. (?).
217. Anna "Barbara" SCHAEFFER, born 1732, died 1810 in Upper Mahoney Twp, Northumberland Pa.
6th Great Grand Parents
418. Henry KUERCHNER, born bef 1690, died bef 1720 in Pennsylvania. He married Anna Maria RESSER, married bef 1715.
419. Anna Maria RESSER, born 24-Jun-1683 in Lindenthal, Germany, died 25-Jan-1760 in York, York Co. Pa.
420. John "Isaac" KLEIN, born 10 Jan 1689, died 24 Nov 1774 in Woxall, Upper Salford, Montgomery Co. Pa. He married Ann "Sibilla" _____.
421. Ann "Sibilla" _____, born 18 Jun 1694, died 18 Apr 1775.
432. Johann George BROCIOUS, born abt 31 Jan 1693 in Weierbach, Rhineland, Germany, died 1762 in Berks Co. Pa.
came to America in 1740
naturalized 3/8/1746 member of the Tulpehocken church (1743-1746), prob . buried there!.
He married Anna Catharina SIMON, married 31 Oct 1724 in Weierbach, Rhineland, Germany.
433. Anna Catharina SIMON, born 26 Sep 1692 in Unterjeckenbach, Rhineland, Germany, died aft 1750 in Berks Co. Pa.
434. Johannes SHAFFER, born bef 1715. He married Catharine BOEHM, married ?.
435. Catharine BOEHM, born bef 1715?.
7th Great Grand Parents
838. John George RESSER, born bef. 1663 in Germany, died ? in Pennsylvania. He married unknown.
864. John Niclaus BROSIUS, born abt 1665 in Germany, died abt 14 Mar 1718 in Weierbach, Rhineland, Germany. He married Maria Martha ZANY, married 14 May 1686 in Weierbach, Rhineland, Germany.
865. Maria Martha ZANY, born abt 1662 in Weierbach, Rhineland, Germany, died abt 7 Mar 1703 in Weierbach, Rhineland, Germany.
866. Johan Adam SIMON. He married unknown.
867. unknown, born bef 1675? in Germany ?.
8th Great Grand Parents
1728. Conrad (Brusii) BROSIUS, born abt 1639. He married unknown.
1730. Hans Michael ZANY, born bef 1645? in Germany ?. He married Maria BALLUFF.
1731. Maria BALLUFF, born bef 1645? in Germany ?.