Search for content in message boards

Five Lakes School

Five Lakes School

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 4:20AM GMT
Alumni, seeking infor, pictures, etc for family scrapbook.

Re: Five Lakes School

Posted: 28 Nov 2002 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2005 8:07PM GMT
What do you know about the cemetery next to the school? I only see 2 headstones mentioning 3 people (one is a Civil War marker for Henry Nash) and it looks like they planted trees in rows right through the cemetery. Disgraceful. It does shelter the cemetery, but what harm was done in the process?

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 11:39PM GMT
Can you tell me any more about this, My Great-Great Grandfather was Henry Nash and I can not find any information about him since 1850 He was in Lapeer county then.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: Nash
I do know that he is buried here with a war marker, but it was just thrown on the ground, trees were planted in rows a few decades ago, so his exact location in Five Lakes Cemetery is unknown. He used the alias of John Lewis in the Civil War. You can find some info here: http://thirdmichigan.blogspot.com/2009/07/john-lewis.html I don't have much on him other than I found him and thought he deserved better. Marlene Steele, a librarian from Battle Creek, was also looking for him (since 1981?) and I met her there in 1994. She is related somehow, niece?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions