Search for content in message boards

Greenlee from Brown Co, Indiana

Greenlee from Brown Co, Indiana

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 4:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Greenlee
Looking for anyone who knows of the Greenlee's of Brown Co, IN, original descendants of Archibald Greenlee, b 1755 in Scotland. Have much info if I can be of help! Archibald is my GGGGG grandfather.

Kathy Greenlee Daller

Re: Greenlee from Brown Co, Indiana

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: Greenlee,Mathis
My gr-great grandparents were Amos Greenlee & Mary Ann Mathis.I have that they were married 10-14-1855 in Brown County. I also show that Amos was married Elizabeth Scollard on May 19,1877 [after Mary Ann died].
I have that Amos & Mary Ann had the following children:
Robert W. abt 1858
Silas abt 1859
William F abt 1862
Thomas abt 1868
Amanda June 3,1872 [my great grandmother]
Sarah M
I have a photo of Amos Greenlee's headstone.
I have Amos' father as John Greenlee born abt 1812 in Ohio.Have his death as Jan 11,1857 in Brown County,Indiana.I show that John Greenlee married Matilda Shepherd on Aug 8,1833 in Belmont,Ohio.
I have John's parents as John Greenlee born in Washington,PA & Sarah McCracken.

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Grenlee
Well, I guess we are related all the way back to Grandpa Amos! Thank you for the info. I didn't have the dates of birth on Amos and MaryAnn's children. The two people I are really wondering about are Amos' grandparents. I know his parents, John and Matilda were married on 8/8/1833, but WHEN were HIS parents (John & Sarah) born. Do you have any info on them or on Archibald b. 1755 and Jane Greenlee, who came to this country from Scotland during the time of the Revolutionary War?
If you can send me the photo of Amo's gravestone, I'd love to show it to my Dad. I know he'd get a huge kick out of it.

Thank you so much,
Kathy Greenlee Daller

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 9:11PM GMT
Just another note. I love looking at dates and how they coincide with todays time. I was born almost to the day 100 years after Amos and MaryAnn were married. They were married October 14, 1855 and I was born October 17, 1955.

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 9:21PM GMT
Surnames: Greenlee, Shumaker
Amos and Levina Shumaker Greenlee, Amos' 3rd wife, are my Great-great grandparents. Their son,Charles C. Greenlee b.25 April 1881, is my great grandfather.
I just started on ancestry last weekend and I find I can't get enough of it. Do you know anything about Amos' third wife, Levina? Her mothers maiden name was Cherrybone, and I was wondering if this is a native american name.

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 9:55PM GMT
Kathy
Send me your e-mail address so I can send the photo.
Cathy
momma8@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 10 Feb 2008 10:09PM GMT
You have me on that one.I didn't realize that Amos Greenlee had a 3rd wife.Hhmm,do you have anything else on her?
Always finding something new to look into. :)
Cathy
momma8@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 1:52AM GMT
Cathy...my email address is jersyn8tv@aol.com
Thank you for the pic!!

Kathy

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 11:17PM GMT
My Grandfather may have came from Indiana.My father's name was Harry Keith Greenlee,they came by train to Turlock California.Dairyman inTurlock and Hickman Ca.

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 1:10AM GMT
My father, John Taft Greenlee, Dec 10, 1906, was a grandson of Amos Greenlee. I have a picture of my father standing by the headstone in Indiana. My grandfather, Robert Wesley Greenlee was born Jan 16,1858 in Nashville, Indiana. He died Jan 19, 1941 and is buried in Wiley Cemetery, Colfax, Il.My father was the youngest of seven children born to Robert Wesley and Louisa Christina Mathis, born March 8,1868 and died in 1951. Also buried in Wiley Cemetery, Colfax,Il.I would be glad to share the information about all the children.My email, ronaldkreitzer@att.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions